Bank account - Iqama

Hi,

Can I open a bank account BEFORE obtaining my Iqama? And how long does an Iqama take?

Many thanks

Michael

No, You wont be able to open a Bank Account before getting your IQAMA. And getting it usually takes 2-3 weeks in normal conditions. However, during Ramadan would take a little more time, as the system works very slowly with restrained time schedule !!

saimans wrote:

No, You wont be able to open a Bank Account before getting your IQAMA. And getting it usually takes 2-3 weeks in normal conditions. However, during Ramadan would take a little more time, as the system works very slowly with restrained time schedule !!

Thanks! Im still in Ireland though ;-)

Will be over in September

Michael

saimans wrote:

:one

Welcome michael, i wish you all the best in moving here, do let us if you need any help :)

You can't open an account in Saudi bank before iqama. You can open a offshore account in HSBC or Lloyd's TSB if you like. SAAB is HSBC subsidiary in Saudia.

The job I'm considering doesn't offer an Iqama, is that bad? Also, how would my banking work? Would I need to open a HSBC account?

3dnan wrote:
saimans wrote:

:one

Welcome michael, i wish you all the best in moving here, do let us if you need any help :)

Thanks !

sham1990 wrote:

The job I'm considering doesn't offer an Iqama, is that bad? Also, how would my banking work? Would I need to open a HSBC account?

Beware of places that take shortcuts.  If they're willing to be dishonest with the government, how will they treat you?

No Michael without Iqama you cannot. Iqama is a lifeline in KSA for everything even for rental :)

Hi,I recently came to Saudi arabia. My Iqama number has come but the card is not been issued yet for the reasons best known to the authorities. I checked my number online and it is a valid number in my name only. I have taken the print out from the MOI website. Can I open a bank account with the help of just the Iqama number without the card. Kindly help.Thanks.

yaseensharief wrote:

Hi,I recently came to Saudi arabia. My Iqama number has come but the card is not been issued yet for the reasons best known to the authorities. I checked my number online and it is a valid number in my name only. I have taken the print out from the MOI website. Can I open a bank account with the help of just the Iqama number without the card. Kindly help.Thanks.

With the customer services provided here in banks, i highly doubt you could open an account without the iqama physically in your hand.

Thanks.