Accepted a Job JKS today...Need friends!

Hi Guys

Accepted a position at JKS today for Aug 25th, don't massively know what to expected, nervous and excited...wanted to talk to other teachers going there this summer or are currently there. Need some mates to explore with and get to know, I'm going out on my own so will be on my todd, be nice to speak to some people before hand, as I'm sure most people feel the same, eek...

Hope to hear from you guys...

Cheers

Greg

I assume you've already posted (or read the discussions) on the website dedicated to international teaching, DavesESLcafe.com ?

Thanks alliecat, I'll have a look.

Here ya go, the KSA teacher's forum:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=29

Thanks that's great!

Hi Greg, I'm also starting on the 25th of August I'll be teaching psychology. What will you be teaching? Where are you from? What date do you fly out?

Hi Greg, Which city you are going i live in Rabigh a very small red sea town.

James

Hi Sapph and James

I will be staying at the sharbatly village in Jeddah. I also start on the 25th August and I will be teaching Drama.

Seems to be a fair few going out this year, be good to chat up, make it easier to settle for sure!!

Greg

hello , mate

drama huh ?

i bet you will enjoy it in jiddah , the life here is nice , no !! well mate i live in jiddah also , hope u will have safe tripe ... ^^

Well gregs87 couple of my mates are willing to come and help me establish a theatre company, small scale, starting from schools and universities n that, get in touch when you are here matey, have a safe trip.

em sure you will enjoy life in Jeddah, its much better than riyadh at least.

If u got a nice group u will get enjoyed whenever u live. But unfortunately still dont have such one in Jeddah :(

higuys.I appeard for intrview  as chemistry teacher bt cd not
so someone to guide me for interview at jks plz.
Asha jeddah

hey gregs welcome , are u in jeddah yet ?

Welcome gregs87, am here to help :)

i live beside Sharbatley compound you are located in boring but super safe area ( as most parts of Jeddah) i can help you enjoy jeddah. i was born here and i enjoy the city.

Hey man,

We are a small group of friends...looking forward to initiate some theater activity on a small scale here in Jeddah. . .please reply if you are interested so we can meet up and start some project. . .

Regards,

Mirza

I also want to make contacts nervous about going out there and hope to meet up an travel out to JKS

Hi...
I'm a Sri Lankan..
Living here Jeddah..
Would like to meet you

Hi,

i'm in the same boat :)..... ive started all my visa process ready for my Aug start at JKS excited. What year group and subject you teaching?

jeni :)

Hello all,

@xxxxJenixxxx : Just to inform you that this is quite an old thread. What i would suggest is you try to PM greg87 to get to know more of JKS or create also a new thread and state that you will be at JKS and ask for required infos.

Regards

Kenjee

Thank you ill try that now!

Hi Greg,

Im a new JKS starter too, I've got my flight details through so im extra nervous but excited. What age and subject are you teaching?

Jeni

I'm also moving to Jeddah mid August. I'll be teaching at AISJ and will live in Saudia City. Also, nervous, excited and hopeful is not as boring and lonely as some people make it seem like.

Right, let's do this!
JKs starters, we're getting acquainted and meeting up out there!