ANY EUROPEAN MUSICIANS in SAIGON?

Hi there!

If there are any European/Western nationalities here in Saigon who are inclined to play music at my cafe please let me know. I have a Belgian friend who plays Sitar and he is playing with 2 other Australians every month. This is not a full band music. It's more of a jamming session of good music, not the loud ones as our cafe is not equipped to cater a full band. More of acoustic...

We give token of 300,000 vnd Geisha Voucher for each musician who will play. Maximum of 3. I want variety of musicians, so let me know if any here are interested to practice their talents :)

thanks!
joanie

Hello Joanie.

You should post an advert in the Activities section in the Saigon classifieds. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hey joanie, i know a few western musicians, what is your cafe called ?? where is it ??

Steven

Ciao Steven,

The name is Geisha Cafe and Clothing in Pasteur St. District 1, Best thing is to visit my cafe tonight. July 13, 7.30 pm Bring your friends if you like. We our seasonal buffet eat all you can with free cocktail for 250,000 vnd.

Or on July 20, 8.30 pm there a trio musicians who will play sitar--electro jam. Hope this help and hope to see you tonight!

:)
Joanie

I'm a dj and electronic music producer if you need that sort of thing? Here's a link to my dj sets mixcloud.com/monistic-masher/

May something that suits our Cafe... but for your reference as of the moment we cannot pay generous amount for this type. See my post above..

Maybe this sort of thing would suit? mixcloud.com/monistic-masher/breaks-ambient-lounge-hiphop

I cant tomorrow night im afraid though as im busy but would love to in the future! :)

hiya
i have been playin`  in  a gypsy jazz band for 6 months now, we have done 5/6 live performannce (refinery, russian bar, long phi, yoko)
we play acoustic, usually we are four (1 accordion, 2 guitars/singers, 1 bass), but for july & august, we are only the two guitars, but we can make gigs (we also play tomorrow at gozo - charity artwork presentation); we are all eager to play often in bars, then do not hesitate in contacting me
matteo 01285721967

by the way i arrived here 6 months ago and was musician in france, i used to play in many bars there, alone guitar+singing, all kind of music, gypsy jazz reggae, folk, bossa,...

[email protected]

I have worked in musical theatre and cabaret for many years and would be interested in creating a cabaret show . I need  guitarist base and violin plus female singer. I will call by your cafe and talk to you.

allen

Thanks for all the pm from Matteo and Ianlutz. Greatly appreciated.

Allen, that would be interesting for our cafe anniversary, if you have a free time visit me at Geisha. 85 Pasteur st. and let me know in advance which day and what time you are coming.

Thanks!
Joanie

Hey Joanie, sorry i missed your reply, if you PM me it may increase my chances of coming lol

Hi Steven and the rest of you guys... I still give the offer of playing music at my cafe. Please don't hesitate to pm me or reply here so we can sort things out :)

do you need European guitarists or pianists?

Hi Joanie,

I have sent you a PM :)

Michael

Hello JOanie,
I have been in your cafe and like it very much. I am Spanish and play Brazilian guitar (choro,samba,etc). I'd be willing to play with other good musicians if you know some in your cafe (not only European or Australians!). Let me know if you're interested, maybe I can pop into Cafe Geisha and have a chat soon if you've got time. My number is 01262289482.
Ciao
Juanjo

Thanks for all the reply on the thread!!! and also for all the musicians and DJ who PM me for this post. I found good musicians who will play for my cafe already. One acoustic guitar with vocals and another guy plays saxophone. I still welcome interested musicians who has a unique way of showcasing their music. Our cafe aims to be the venue of the non mainstream music and leaning towards a more artistic and crisp style. Our current pride is NAYA BAiNDA. They performed 3x already and the cafe was jampacked every time they perform. They are composed of SITAR, Didgeridoo and a DJ who mix some beats when they perform.

ho nice , can i play with you matteoooooo QQ!!!!!!!! gg.

Hi,

I am Richard Marly, and I'm a professional jazz and blues singer.
I have often sung with a big Filippino band in China.
I am in Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City right now, on a 3 week holiday, but I love it so much I want to live here.
I am happy to sing anywhere for free on this holiday.
I can sing with musicians, and I have my own backing tracks if no musicians available.
I also want to find a pianist to form a partnership.
I can find the work, as i am good at marketing.
Floyd, the leader of the Filippino Big Band Theory in Zhuhai, China said that I was the best standards singer in Asia, so if he is right, we will love playing together.
Here are my contact details:

If you are interested, please contact me as soon as you can?

Best regards,
Richard