Mural artist in Buenos Aires

I would like to find out if anyone knows if a mural artist could
find work in B.A. He would be working independently on a contract
basis. He has 30 years of experience and is currently self employed in the Orlando area. We are wanting to relocate to the
B.A. area in the next year. Any information would be appreciated.

There is about 14 million people in the Greater Metro Area.  I would assume just about anyone could find work here.  Whether the pay would be sufficient or whether there would be enough work would be anyone's guess.

I think the biggest mistake people make, regarding moving here, is not coming first and checking out the work landscape.  It is great using forums to get answers to simple questions, but rarely would any of us know exactly what the chances are of anyone getting any kind of job here.  I read varying opinions regarding everything from expats. 

I am actively involved with several expat groups, own one of my own, am on the board of three others........  I have several people writing me every year asking about work.  One of the most common questions regards people wanting me to help them find a job teaching English as a second language, which is easy enough to do........ English teachers and institutes are a dime a dozen down here.  However, they tell me they want to make between USD 50 and USD 100 per hour. 

The going rate for English can be as low as free to maybe 40 pesos an hour if one is lucky.  Which is from about 0 USD to USD 11.  I have never actually met one single person who was able to survive here, financially, just teaching English.  However, it seems that dozens of people a year sell their belongings and move here expecting to do so.  Most of them leave after a couple of months, none seem to last a year unless they have a lot of savings or find some other source of income.

The point is, if you spend a couple of days here you would know you cannot survive teaching English.  So if you want to move here great.   I would strongly suggest coming here for a few weeks, putting out some feelers, and determining if in fact your business model could and would work here.  And never rely soley on the opinion of others, no matter how well informed they may seem........... me included.  jaja