Headed for Vancouver BC 2013

I've applied to BC Childrens hospital as an ICU RN of 20 years  exp, they offer a good package, 12 month contract, Health insurance, 1 month free accomodation, flight +$5k relocation fund, to cover shipping of personal items, importing pets, bank charges etc.

I know I'm lucky most don't get a helping hand and have to fund everything themselves. Of course if you want to return home after the 12 months they don't help you on the way home, so I guess I'll have to think long and hard about what to take. Also I think that the salary will be good enough to afford a small apartment in the area of my choice about 4 miles from the hospital so I can cycle or even walk to work. big_smile

I've just started the process so it will be 2013 before I make it over but at least I'll get to plan, pack, sell, throw at lesiure.  Been doing a lot of research and a friend worked there and would have loved to have stayed but had to return due to family issues. I Can't wait :)

Questions: What is percentage is the tax deduction from salaries?
Cheapest bank account deals in Vancouver? My friend thought HSBC

Congrats! I am jealous, I have lived next to BC my entire life (Washington State) but my job is definitely not in demand unfortunately :( Here is a link to a Canadian Tax Chart, hopefully that helps you out. (I have no idea about their banking system so I can't offer advice there).

Good luck on your move and you should like BC (well depending on what part you are in mostly). Victoria is my favorite city in that province but my husband and I are looking at Alberta because of his particular industry (trucking).

Thanks very much for the Tax chart, good luck with your move also