University of Bahrain

Hi,

I am considering a teaching offer in University of Bahrain. Anyone working in UoB, kindly share your experience. What are the residential areas close to UoB?

Thanks.

Hi Innummy,

Riffa, A'ali and Hamad Town are the closest residential areas to the UoB with a Large Expats Community.

All the Best :)

Hallo Innummy,
Which Campus of the UOB? One is in Isa Town and the other is in Sakhir. Both area are not nice :(
and the surrounding areas... ehm... not that great stuff..
sorry for the bad news..

Tschuess

Hi,

Thanks Anna66 and VidoDido for the useful information.

VidoDido, is Riffa closest to Sakhir? I would be looking for a furnished 2 bedroom (pool and gym are an advantage). How much is the rent appox?

Anna66, it is the campus of Sakhir. Is it a troublesome area to work? How about the work culture in UoB (teaching load, salary, etc..)?

Best wishes..

innummy wrote:

Is Riffa closest to Sakhir? I would be looking for a furnished 2 bedroom (pool and gym are an advantage). How much is the rent appox?

Yes Riffa is quite close to Sakhir; around 10-15 minutes drive approximately.

I know that Riffa has a lot of Villa Compounds which has quite expensive rentals comparing to the ones in other areas in Bahrain.

You may consider sharing a Villa with other western expat; this way you will pay less and enjoy the facilities.

I don't really know how much a two bedroom apartment with facilities will cost you in Riffa; getting the assistance of a Real-Estate agent may help in this regard :)

Hi innummy!
No, it is not a trouble area, (till now ...) only sand around:D  (but no camels :( )
I m not working there, but I know that the salary depends on your degree and your experience. Well, if  you are considering their offer... they should have made one to you...If u are considering to apply,  ask them.
Viel Erfog wuensche ich dir! Good luck!