Where's a nice area to live around Fort Buchanan???

Hello,

New to the forum.. moving to PR in a few weeks from New Jersey for a job at Fort Buchanan. I'd like to live in a gated community near base, as I hear the traffic is horrible and the area can not be overly safe at times.

I am single and in my mid 20s. Looking for a nice luxury gated apartment/condo community near base.... willing to spend up to 1400 / month on a place. Do you normally put a security deposit down on place in PR?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a motorcycle insurance company down here? Thanks!

-Brian

Check out anything on  Ave. San Patricio...lots of CONDOS in nice communities.   there are  also lots of condos and a few small gated communities off the ROAD called MARTINIZ NADAL.   there are also some communities on Rt 2 . not sure what they are called but look near the Caparra Archaeological Site.... not sure what the area is exactly called but there are some nice places there as well.  the traffic is just bad......you can literally live 10 minutes away and it can take you 1/2 an hour to get to work in rush hour... you'll adjust ;-))

I'd seriously re think riding a motorcycle here. Especially in the metro areas. The drivers are tame in NJ compared to what they are like here. You should do quite well finding a nice place in a gated community with your budget. Go to www.clasificadosonline to find a place.

Hekki Brian.

Welcome to Expat.com!

For your appartment research, you can also try to post an advert in the housing in Puerto Rico section. It could help.

Thank you,
Auréllie

Guaynabo is your best choice, San Patricio area.

Welcome to Puerto Rico!