Painting a house here in PR

Perhaps too trivial a question, but I plan to repaint the house I just purchased. It has been well maintained, is approx 22 yrs old, cement block construction. My home in States is cedar siding, stained.
I enjoy DIY projects but I'd like some guidance on prep work and painting cement, as well as advice on paint brands that do well here, esp exterior paints. House is in Luquillo Sabana, up in the hills. Thanks in advance.

I to will be painting my home, any advise will be hhelpful

Wash the walls to get all dust and any pell paint off. You can rent a power wash to make this part easier. If you are drastically changing colors, use KILL To give the house a layer of primer. I personally recomend Behr paint from Home Depot. It is more expensive but it will last longer. We painted ours 2 yrd ago and still as brand new.
Start early in the morning so the paint have time to dry during the day.

Thank you

This will be the first time ever painting it, it only has the gray cover over the cement blocks on it

Spencerazac wrote:

This will be the first time ever painting it, it only has the gray cover over the cement blocks on it

Use primer first, if not it will take over two quotes of paint. Give it one quote of primer and two of paint. If you use high quality paint, it should last you at least 6-8yrs worry free.
Before painting, make sure the cement is crean and dry, power wash it if you can. Let it dey ofr a day and then primer and paint.

Congratulation on your new house, you live very close to us. We have a home in Luquillo, in the community of Ramos. We are redoing our roof on our house, as it is bad enough that we need a full roof replacement. After this we will be repainting the house, all the house improvements are expensive :( but fun :).

We're almost neighbors! The house I'm buying is in L Sabana, so pretty much next to you. I love to garden and started planting trees before i even really started on any house stuff.  A rogue horse pulled up many of my plantings so now I'm focused on putting up a cyclone fence.  i think I probably need to hire a guy who has had some experience with fence installation. I've purchased all the materials and they'll be delivered on Wed.  Can you recommend anyone in your/our area who has done fence installations? Also, what is a reasonable hourly rate for that sort of work?

Thanks, S.

Perhaps we can introduce you to our guy, he is putting on a new roof on our house currently.  We will be back in P.R. after May 24th. Let us know if you are interested. Best of luck with all your repairs.

Hello my I. Looking for someone in 00915 zip code to paint my house and install a fan and replace 3 doors. My Tel *** if you could pass my contact to a handyman you may know in the area I thank you in advance.
Lesley

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct