Egyptian/French university student moving to GZ for 6 month

Hey everyone !!!
I'm Sarah, a second year university student at a hotel management school in switzerland. I would really appreciate some advice and suggestions about life in GZ.
I am required to do an internship in the hotel industry to complete my second year at uni, and I'm in the process of deciding if I should go to GuangZhou.
My internship offer seems great and really excitting. I've never been to Asia before but I am very open to new experience and learning to adapt with new cultures being one of the main reasons i want to come experience my trainning in China.
I'm a mix of two nationalities Egyptian/French and I fluently speak Arabic French and English and I'm pre-intermediate in Spanish.

I am a very dynamic person always on the go and I love to be challenged. The internship I've been offered seems challenging enough but I would just like to know if I will enjoy and be able to adapt to GZ being a young foreign student as 6 month is quite a long time.
So if anyone could please give me some more insight about life there especially for someone young, and what is there to do there ?? as in Gym ?? Dinning out ?? Night life ?? chilled out bars ?? shopping ?? etc
Thank you looking forward to your replies =D

hello miss,

I have been living in Guangzhou for 2 years. I know a lot about this place. here are some information...

Bar: there are a couple of decent bars here. They are hard to find since there is a very small community of decent foreigners who party for the right reasons. If you want to go local you`ll see Chinese do not party the same way we do. Tell me when you get here i`ll tell you where to go since most places are filled with whores and assholes.

entertainment: well Guangzhou is getting quite developped. You can do the same stuff really: bowling, movies, ice skating, gym, etc. Buying movies is really cheap (10 yuan for a very good copy and 4 yuan for a cheap copy). For Dining out you can find anything really. Guangzhou is quite international. The artistic scene is not like Shanghai but it is still pretty ok for Asia.

As for shopping, you will be in heaven. China is a national factory. Here you can find one-to-one fakes of any brand for a very cheap price and it is almost impossible to tell if they are fake or not (have to be an expert to see the difference really). I`ll tell you where to go later if you wish.

Anyway take care and i wish thie was helpful

salam,3eed mubarak.....nice 2 meet u here..

Welcome to China girl...:)

Hey sarah, my name is Aurelie i'm a 24yrs old half french half american girl, i lived in the USA for 10 yrs then lived in Paris for 6 yrs and now i'm living in guangzhou in Tianhe district. I've bee here for a month it was my first time here too but i was lucky to move here with my fiance who does business in china and knows everything there is to know about  about guangzhou.

I can show u around once you arrive there is so much stuff to do here,and if you like partying i could show u the nightlife.

si tu as un facebook tu peut me rajouter comme amis si tu veut moi mon nom de profile c'est Aurelie Guichard :)