Prison in Spain

Hi,
I am currently adding a section to our newspapers website www.spanishsunnewspaper.com called “In prison in Spain”. Due to the lack of information for frightened relatives who find out they have someone who has been put in jail.
I am interested in hearing from anyone who has been in a Spanish jail, whether innocent or guilty. Or relatives of people who are or have been in prison here.
We want to have input for every Spanish prison, where the nearest airport is, what are the regulations, visiting days, etc. Recommended lawyers every contribution will help us to help others who might find themselves in this frightening predicament.
Thank you in advance.
Jan
[email protected]

I don't think you'll find a lot of candidates on Expat.com

Hi ive just come across your post about being locked up in Spain , i know its old but i thought ide reply anyway , I found myself locked up in spain for a crime i didnt commit , it was a massive shock to me and my familly as ive never been in prison in my life , in the U.K or anywhere , I think more info needs to be put out there about this as the legal system in Spain is so much different to the U.K , for a start in Spain you seem to be guilty until proven innocent , If i was in the U.K  for the same thing i would have deffinatley got bail and i would not have had to serve 3 years in prison , this had a massive impact on me and my family , the things i went through were crazy you wouldnt think it was a prison in the E.U it was more like a third world prison , to say it was really rough is an understatement i have so many crazy stories to tell , you wouldnt believe half of them , Im thinking of writing a book about this crazy part of my life as so many people are urging me to do so as they cant believe the stories i have to tell , Im just so happy i made it through the 3 years of madness and living in a hell hole as it is not like most people would think it to be , Spain is by far the most corrupt country in Europe , and the judicial system is a joke , I just hope nobody finds themselves in the situation i was in  ..... TRUST ME  it was bad .
You don't spend 3 years in prison for being innocent. In UK (and in US) you are far more likely to go to prison because of your skin colour than the crime you commit. At least in Spain they are colour blind.
As for Spain being the most corrupt country in Europe, this is far from truth. I can think of Russia and few other East European countries, even Italy ahead of Spain.
@deltafm
I think the same. If he were in prison for three years it was because he was judged an they gave him three years. There is preventive prison if the judge considered  the possibilities of him leaving the country .
@lyndonlee73
You should try Mexico or another South or central America. Then, you will think Spanish prisons are great