Arcade games coffee house in bahrain

hi, i am planning to make an arcade games coffee house in bahrain where you can play all retro arcade games and also new wii, ps, xbox and all kind of board games as well. its also a coffee shop, smoking allowed, but no shisha.
so i want people who live in bahrain both bahraini and foreigners to tell me wht do you think?? will it be fun and intersting to go a place like that in bahrain?

Hi Wegaboo,

Your idea is nice. But a simple cofee/arcade game is not enought - I think - for your place to be a habbit for people that live in Bahrain.

I would advice you for example, to organize games tournament, such as Guitar Hero for music, PES for soccer, Singstar for people that like to sing, Wii Sports, etc...

I think by organizing those kind of manifestations. you will get your place more attractive. You will make people want to go to your cofee and either see the tournament - having a drink - or either do the tournament - playing the games -

By doing that you will use both side of your activity.

--
Spredzy

hey spredzy,

you are totally right, i was thinking about games tournament as well. for me the place is more clubbing than a regular coffee shop where you can interact easily with people,play and have fun. i went to Bahrain last April and i haven't seen something smiler. what i am worried about is how many game geeks in Bahrain? and will a place with no shisha work good?

thanx for ur reply man :)

sounds like a great idea wegaboo, let me know when and where and i'm sure i can drag me and my mates down!!! let me know if theres anything i can help with

thanx loaf, and sure i will let you know guys very soon.

For the non-shisha aspect, I think that it will be a plus, lot of people like to be in a smokeless environment.

About game geeks here I don't know. I honneslty have no idea. But I think that, for some game, you don't need to be a geek ;)

Guitar Hero, is just to have fun with your friend on some songs that everybody knows.

Pro Evolution Soccer, will be just guy, that likes soccer, trying to prove that hey are the best, in front of girls ;).

It all depends on what game you will pick up.

According to yours answers, I think that the interior design and the atmosphere (music, people, etc ...) will be the keys for your success.

Hope that I could help.

--
Spredzy

about the place environment and interior i am a designer, so don't worry it's my game :)

I love this idea!!! You will definately have my guy friends over.... its all about socializing and having a good time. Hope to hear more info soon.

Hey, I think this is a really good idea, I for one would definitely make regular visits depending on the quality of the coffee and mixture of games!

I also think having board games will work too, have it as a really relaxed/playful coffee place, where there is an extra element of interest beyond just conversation. Back in the UK I have been to a few bars where they have board games (simple stuff like Guess Who and Connect 4) it's usually a cool/hip crowd (excluding me) but everyone is enjoying the games.

It seems a while since there were postings on this, would be interested to know whether this took off.

R

Hi

This sounds like a great idea, I'd definately want to check the place out, who doesn't like to have a laugh on the wii with some mates or even a couple just chilling with a board game will certainly make it a more interesting place to go to. The tournament idea I think will be very attractive too!

Would love to hear if these plans go ahead :)