I WOULD LIKE TO WORK IN IRELAND

I am a nurse in profession, what all requirements to work in Ireland or any European country...how much ielts bands required ?i could go there with my husband visa..but how to prepare for a job?

You will have a difficult time getting a green card or a work permit in Ireland.  Many companies simply will not entertain you or consider your CV because the Irish green-card application process is slow.  It may take a month and the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation may simply say 'no'.  Then your employer is out of a month's time, if you understand my meaning.  They just lost a month waiting for their govt. to deny you and they are back where they started--with a job to fill and nobody working in it.

Companies in Ireland would MUCH rather hire an EU citizen.  You don't need a work visa to come to Ireland and find employment if you are from Finland, Sweden, Poland, France, Germany, etc.  EU citizens can roam freely around and apply for jobs in whatever country they want.  No permit is required.

Basically, your only chance of getting hired is to be married to an Irish citizen, or to have a solid relationship with an Irish person.  If you can demonstrate the relationship has been going on for more than 2 years, then you can file for a De-Facto Relationship.  If that is passed, you will get a Stamp 4 Visa.  You will have to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau and renew your visa every year.

Ireland is really shooting themselves in the foot with their outdated and backwards Work Permit rules.  They really NEED nurses, computer professionals, biotech-pharmaceutical engineers, and other technology-type engineers.  However, their permit process actually makes it impossible for people with these job skills to come over and get a green card.

They really need to do it more like the Australians.  If you work in a job field the Aussies need, you can apply for a green card before you even arrive in Australia; your work permit is pre-approved.  You come to Australia and start looking for a job.

In Ireland it's backwards; you have to have a job offer from an Irish company before you can apply for a green card.   Employers don't want to waste their time with people who need green cards because they can hire someone from the EU without the paperwork hassle.

Hello heavenly and welcome to Expat.com.

I invite you to take a look to those articles about Work in Ireland. Hope it will be useful.

Good luck,
Aurélie

hitchhiker42 wrote:

You will have a difficult time getting a green card or a work permit in Ireland.  Many companies simply will not entertain you or consider your CV because the Irish green-card application process is slow.  It may take a month and the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation may simply say 'no'.  Then your employer is out of a month's time, if you understand my meaning.  They just lost a month waiting for their govt. to deny you and they are back where they started--with a job to fill and nobody working in it.

Companies in Ireland would MUCH rather hire an EU citizen.  You don't need a work visa to come to Ireland and find employment if you are from Finland, Sweden, Poland, France, Germany, etc.  EU citizens can roam freely around and apply for jobs in whatever country they want.  No permit is required.

Basically, your only chance of getting hired is to be married to an Irish citizen, or to have a solid relationship with an Irish person.  If you can demonstrate the relationship has been going on for more than 2 years, then you can file for a De-Facto Relationship.  If that is passed, you will get a Stamp 4 Visa.  You will have to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau and renew your visa every year.

Ireland is really shooting themselves in the foot with their outdated and backwards Work Permit rules.  They really NEED nurses, computer professionals, biotech-pharmaceutical engineers, and other technology-type engineers.  However, their permit process actually makes it impossible for people with these job skills to come over and get a green card.

They really need to do it more like the Australians.  If you work in a job field the Aussies need, you can apply for a green card before you even arrive in Australia; your work permit is pre-approved.  You come to Australia and start looking for a job.

In Ireland it's backwards; you have to have a job offer from an Irish company before you can apply for a green card.   Employers don't want to waste their time with people who need green cards because they can hire someone from the EU without the paperwork hassle.

the information suits my real situation , thanks for this valuable answer

AurélieZ wrote:

Hello heavenly and welcome to Expat.com.

I invite you to take a look to those articles about Work in Ireland. Hope it will be useful.

Good luck,
Aurélie

thank you!