HAJJ....allowed to perform once in 5 years?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me in this regard. Can i perform hajj every year or there is a restriction for certain years? Plus i need to know the procedure of going for HAJJ.

adnanhashmi wrote:

I would really appreciate if someone could help me in this regard. Can i perform hajj every year or there is a restriction for certain years? Plus i need to know the procedure of going for HAJJ.

I have heard it's once every five years in order to lower the numbers and give everybody the opportunity to do it.

BUT .. if you don't need a visa, who's checking?  I mean, you don't have to get a ticket or anything once you're there, right?

there was a Pakistani guy i worked with in jeddah that went every year. So it is possible?

Dear Alliecat,if no one is checking and as per the country rule,its illegal then i guess the purpose of performing HAJJ is not served.

that makes no sense

why does someone have to check to make sure you are doing something religious? Isnt that kind of a personal thing to begin with?

that woudl be like a christian signing into church every sunday

Freshlikesushi wrote:

that makes no sense

why does someone have to check to make sure you are doing something religious? Isnt that kind of a personal thing to begin with?

that woudl be like a christian signing into church every sunday

I meant just the opposite--check to keep you OUT!

And adanhashi, that's only if you believe that the laws of man are God's laws.  In my opinion, it's not always the case.

Hah. i heard a story of two americans that were smuggled into there.  apparently they arent THAT strict. but this was liek 5 years ago it happened apparentrly

Fresh let me explain my point of view before you take me wrong.
Lets say,i get to perform HAJJ every year,the law of the country allows me to go for it once in evert 5 years 'coz they have to compensate the whole world. My eagerness might take away the right of another human being who had been waiting all his life? Will my HAJJ be accepted with such NIYYAH?

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Hah. i heard a story of two americans that were smuggled into there.  apparently they arent THAT strict. but this was liek 5 years ago it happened apparentrly

Americans can go to Haj--you just have to be Muslim.  If you're not Muslim, you're not even allowed into the city of Mecca.  I understand they have a lot of hotels on the outskirts for non-Muslims to stay in while waiting for friends or family or whatever doing Haj or Umrah.

adnanhashmi wrote:

Fresh let me explain my point of view before you take me wrong.
Lets say,i get to perform HAJJ every year,the law of the country allows me to go for it once in evert 5 years 'coz they have to compensate the whole world. My eagerness might take away the right of another human being who had been waiting all his life? Will my HAJJ be accepted with such NIYYAH?

The people in Saudia with the $$ go as many times as they want--you can bet on it.

Alliecat wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

Americans can go to Haj--you just have to be Muslim.  If you're not Muslim, you're not even allowed into the city of Mecca.  I understand they have a lot of hotels on the outskirts for non-Muslims to stay in while waiting for friends or family or whatever doing Haj or Umrah.

yeah, they werent at all from what i was told

Hajj is the greatest event of the year for Muslims in the entire world. I'm talking about the number of people who come to visit; it's not easy to to manage such a huge crowd. Where else on earth does that much number of people get together for 5-6 days? So you can't compare this event with ANYTHING else on earth. Of course it makes complete sense.

KSA govt makes quotas for countries and even try to control the vistors from inside the country. To do this, they issue 'permission' to do Hajj called TASREEH. And they issue it to you once in 5 years.

There are many guys who do Hajj every year and they violate the local ISLAMIC laws. I don't see any point in doing a religious thing that goes in violation with the local ISLAMIC law. (This is what the religion teach: respect the local laws.)

Yes, it's once in 5 years.

The procedure to register this is as follows:

- Look for local group advertisements just before Hajj.
- Register and they'll do everything.
- They have to get TASREEH from jawazat. If you've done Hajj in the last 5 years, they'll apologies from taking you along.

dude, great explanation

Tx FLS :)

I never talk about religion in general. The explanation I've tried to put here is to justify that 5 yrs restriction is purely a CROWD MANAGEMENT thing rather than a religious rule.

One thing I must have added:
Anyone can check his eligibility to do hajj online here

I thought I made it clear about lowering numbers! ie. crowd control