Update on extension of tourist visa 12-IX

I went today to Oficina de Migracion in Cuenca to help a couple of expats with their visa extension and there's some changes in the process.

You still need all the docs: updated air tickets, letter in Spanish explaining why you want to stay in Ecuador, the application form, proof of economic means, a passport photo, passport color copy and movimiento migratorio.

What is diferent now is the passport color copy has to be notarized and there's no more in the building a police's office. You have to go to E. Muñoz street and Grand Colombia to get the Movimiento Migratorio document.

Good Luck!!

Vinny

I have a tourist visa 12-IX.  However, when I received it they were out of censos.  I've gone back to the Oficina de Migracion multiple times over the past 2 months and they still don't have censos.  Is there another location where I can get mine before June.

When you say "Oficina de Migracion" you're talking about the police station or the migration office in Ordoñez Lasso???

As far as I know the only place to get the Censo is in the Policia de Migracion station located on E. Muñoz. I was there last week and didn't have any Censos and they don't have no clue when they going to have them.

Vinny

Thanks!
I went to the migration office on Ordoñez Lasso.  I'll check out the Policia de Migracion station in a couple weeks. I hope they don't give me a problem when I leave end of June and don't have a censo...gotta love the visa process.

Any recent updates about the Censo?  I was there a while back and still no Censo's...I can't find a number to call instead of heading over to the office every time.