Offer from KSA, need insight!!

Hi

My partner has recd an offer from a retailer in KSA for 350000 SAR per annum. My questions are

1. Avg pay scale for a GM position in KSA

2. He earns close to what has been offered ( negotiations pending)but tax is currently a huge component

3. Is Housing and Education for a 6 yr old child to be taken over and above the offered salary?

4.   What % should the variable pay be based at?

I would really appreciate some quick advice from those willing to share it :o)
Thnx

To be honest , the average pay for GM position is start from (10,000 SR up to 300,000) which depend on :
1.     the Candidate nationality ( Highest for European – American)
2.    Size of the company   
3.    experiences and education degree

Weigh the pros and cons.  If the money difference is substantial, take it (after you find out about schooling, which is a big expense here).

If the difference is minimal, you might still want to come for a totally difference life experience BUT not if he's giving up a secure job at home.  The thing here is that there is NO job security.  Remember that.

If this offers excludes housing and schooling ( and is given by the sponsor), Then just go ahead and Grab it !!! There is no concept of variables, all wud be depend on basic pay with some deductions as per the contract obligations, if any. !!

I agree with the above.

If what he is being offered is the basic and housing and school fees are extra benefits then it is worth considering.

Without housing and/or schooling..what he is being offered is low.

If you wish to live on a good compound (with security and facilities) then housing costs will be SR 120,000 +.
Outside compounds apartments cost on average SR 30,000 to SR 50,000 per annum. (but there are no facilities)

School fees vary according to stanadrd of school ...(SR 15,000 to SR 60,000 per annum)

The salary you have mentioned is applicable for Europeans / Americans?? Does an Indian with 12 yrs experience also command the same salary levels in 2011 -2012?

is it package or basic salary? if it is package then its very less for this postion .. because im also working with retailers and package of my gm is more than 600000 sar/anm.. if it is basic then its okey..