Expat exhibition in Amsterdam 9th October

Hi,

There's an expatriate exhibition in Amsterdam "Welcome to Amsterdam" organized by Expatica. Find out more here: http://www.expatica.com/welcome/index.html

Well, I'd like to go there to have a look, but I've never been to Amsterdam. Perfect occasion to discover this city, isn't it?

Does anybody know an hotel near Beurs van Berlage? Is the place far from the Airport? (how long does it take to go from Beurs van Berlage to the airport?)

I might arrive one day before, what should I visit if I haven't got a lot of time?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Julien

Hi,

I live just outside Amsterdam, and visited the exhibition last year in the Beurs van Berlage. You have made the right decision to visit Amsterdam, although one day is not enough to see all of Amsterdam, especially if you want to live and work here.

The place is beautifully located in the centre of Amsterdam called the Dam, and from here you can go shopping or to the museum of Rembrand and Van Gogh.

From Schiphol airport every 30 minutes a train goes directly to Amsterdam central station, and it is 5 minutes walk from the station.

Hotels are expensive, and I can't recommend you a cheap place to stay.

You mentioned 9th of October, but I saw 22nd of October.
If you want to come of 9th than you can stay in my house. I only have room for a couple, and I will charge only euro 50 for a double room. A single will be euro 30.
From my home there is a direct train to Amsterdam central station, and the journey will take you 30 to 35 min. However I will be in London from 19th till 27 for jobhunting, because I will move to the UK at the an of this year.

Good luck.

Amsterdam is quite small so wherever you stay in central Amsterdam you are walking distance from Beurs van Berlage. Try expedia.co.uk and look up the hotels there, which will give you a good idea of prices etc. There are also lots of online maps available through various search engines. Taxi from the airport will cost you around fifty euros, but if you take the train it will cost only 4.5 Euros.

Good luck, and you will really enjoy the culture, sights and people of Amsterdam.

I also read October 25th, I plan to attend!!  Thanks for the link Julien!!!:)