What is life like for Women in Qatar?

I am considering a married status job in Qater and wanted some honest feedback on what life in Qatar is like for women?

I have looked around the web and there is conflicting advice an how women should dress (no shoulders, no knees etc. showing to 'anything goes') and what there is to do. As my wife wouldn't be working, but is very sociable, I wondered if there would be plenty of things to fill in her time whilst I am working?

Thank you very much for any advice that you can give me my wife and I.
I wouldn't want to accept a job in Qatar and then find that my wife was unhappy, as she is very happy with her current life in the UK.

Richy

Hi there,

I born here in Qatar and this is first time hearing about what you saying of what women should or shouldn't wear.

As i know here in Qatar is OPEN or i can say VERY OPEN COUNTRY what i want to say she can wear what she likes no one have right to ask her what she is wearing or why.

you also can go to malls and you can see women how they dressing, my girl friend when we going out she is wearing short skirt.

As long her dress not showing any of ...... (you know what i mean) she doesn't have any problem.

Let her feel free to wear what she wants.

you can send me private if you want to know more

Azizullah