Will 2000 AED be enough?

Hi!!!
Will 2000AED be enough if I'm being provided the accomodation. Also the food will be at subsidised rates? Will i be able to save some?

Hi paresh09!

Maybe you could introduce yourself and tell more about this job! What field? position ?

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand!!!
I'll complete my Engg studies in electronics by June and will be appointed as trainee engineer.Will the salary my company is paying me be enough for a modest lifestyle ? My family is concerned about safety too...

What should I be paid as trainee engineer? do u have any idea?

what country are you from? Is it 2000 or 20000, 2000 is just a little over double what a maid makes...if accomodation it depends on what u want to spend money on...if it is 2000 and u r from 3rd world country and just wanting to send money home I guess it is better than most from those countries, but if u are western and want to live a lavish life then 2000 is not very good. Find out what kind of accomodations and stuff...I would ask for higher and SIGN before u come because they can change it once u get here...ask what is included and ticket home etc...which country are you from first of all...that makes a big difference here sadly...

No it is not enough at all .... unless u will just work, work work and work nothing else u can do. Labours getting AED 1,000 - 2,000 with accomodation and food provided .....You r engineer so u choooooooooooseeeeee

2000 for an engineer? No way. In the UAE, each schooling degree a person has, determines his average salary. No one can give an engineer that salary. Either he meant 20000 or the people hiring him are not serious.

Agreed!!

haytham43 wrote:

2000 for an engineer? No way. In the UAE, each schooling degree a person has, determines his average salary. No one can give an engineer that salary. Either he meant 20000 or the people hiring him are not serious.

RAK seems very safe, dont worry.

if strictly for food and some basic expense like hair cut etc. 2000 is enough.

if ur getting food cheap, u can save 500 to 1000. dont worry

it all depends on how much u want to save and how well u want to live.

you get decent food here at restaurants like better taste for 50 dhs a day and u have it subsidised, so u'll save.