Newbie from South Africa

Hi everyone,I am just joining the conversation from South Africa. My husband & I will be travelling to RAK in August, either the 20th or 22nd, we are waiting for confirmation from the school. I notice most of the ladies will be teaching, have your husbands all found employment there yet, or will they look once you have arrived & settled in?
Regards
Debbie

Hi Debbie.

I'm the husband of one of those ladies, Domi, who is joining the MFL department.

I'm hoping to find a job out there once we've got our 4 year old settled at RAKA.

In the meantime, it's mainly tennis and golf for me....!! (Until Domi reads this)

My husband Shaun was going to build sandcastles!!! But he enjoys squash & other sports, so I am sure he will join you at tennis!

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me as I am not getting much response from the school.
Can you please confirm to me which paperwork need to be signed by the attorney/FO and UAE embassy? I know i need to do my PGCE but do i also need to do my BA? And when that's done what do we do with them? Do we take them with us or do we send them to the school?
Without wanting to sound stupid, we photocopy all these documents and that's what need to be signed....??

Many thanks... Still no flights confirmed for us!

Domi and Les

Hi Domi & Les
I was told to have my qualifications & our unabridged marriage certificate signed by the attorney, FO & UAE Embassy. Now that it is all signed I e-mailed them to the school & was told to bring them with us when we travel over. Yes, we had copies made & they were then certified by all of the above & we will take both the certified copies & the originals when we fly over.
We haven't had confirmation of our flights yet, but said yes to the flights leaving South Africa on 20th August.
Are you going to be teaching at RAK PYP? Which age group or subjects will you be teaching?

Hope this helps!
Debbie

Hi Les and Domi,
I am still doing my paperwork and Donna helped me so much by writing this:

1) You need to take your degree, teaching qualification to a solicitor who will take a certified copy. Cost about £5 per document .
2). You then send them along with your marriage certificate and the children's birth certificate to the foreign office in Milton Keynes. You pay online which is £30 per document and fill in the application , print them and send them all together . They are sent back next day. Really fast.
3) Once the FCO have sent them back done you write a cover letter and send a postal order for £20 per document to the UAE embassy . That takes about 3/4 days . Then voila done . Empty pockets but some lovely stamps and stickers !!!!

Hope it gets easier for you all.
xx

Hi there

So, have you settled in nicely at your new school? I'm thinking of teaching in the Middle East. My husband is not a teacher. how is life there? Do you have any children?

Hope to here from you
Sam

Hello SA Buddies
Please keep in touch and hope soon we all can come together as One Big Family.
Take care have a blessed day
Bernard