New to the area and job hunting

Hello folks, just a quick introduction from a new expat!

I just moved to Rio from Atlanta, GA in the States to take care of my ailing mom, and now live in Barra da Tijuca.

I'm currently job hunting with intent. My experience is with general logistics, as well as medical records handling (according to HIPPA standards) and managerial customer service.

I'm not very familiar with Rio, but I'm looking forward to learning as much about this wonderful city as possible. It would be nice to make contacts with expats as well as locals that speak either English, Spanish or Portuguese.

Looking forward to making new friends,and hope to get some replies soon. All the best,

Leela.

Hi Leela,

Welcome to Rio and to Expat-blog. By joining Expat you have already made a good start at meeting new people and making friends. I'm sure you will get lots of replies to your posting soon.

I'm a Canadian who has been living in Brazil for ten years now. I am married to a wonderful young Brazilian woman and we have a beautiful little boy who will soon be five years old. I have lived in four different cities in Brazil (now in São Paulo) and we are planning to move to Macaé RJ where my wife's family lives.

If you need any information or have questions and can't seem to find the answer just ask. Again, welcome to Expat.

William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Thank you so much! Looking forward to it.