I need help!!

Hello everybody!! My husband has an work proposal in Beijing, starting in a few months... And I would like to join him, I am fascinated about this part of the world, but also afraid to go without knowing much about it... For 2 people (no children) with a salary of 12,000 RMB and 4,000 RMB for housing (allowance from the company) we will live OK? His work will be close to Shuangjing Bridge, it's an expensive area for rent? Thank you!!

Hi friend, I'm living close to your future location.
I guess your husband's payment is fine in BJ, but it also depends on your living expect.
4000RMB can rent a small apartment, but It would be a regular resident community.
Shuangjing is on the 3rd Ring Road, a crowed place.
Hope this help u out...:)
Welcome to BJ
Big hug
M.

It is not an expensive area to rent, or rather there are some cheap options in that area. 4,000RMB for rent - a one bedroom place might be doable

Check this link  http://www.bj-realestate.com/Fuli_City_ … r_Rent.htm  This is not a recommendation for this specific agency because I had never heard of them. Please be very careful with prices advertised on the web they often do not include many things that adversely affect the price.

12,000RMB for two people is of course doable but it will be a far cry from the lifestyle enjoyed by expats with a generous package. You will primarily consuming local products and not imported ones.

I suggest, that if he has not yet done so, hubby should make sure that his Terms and Conditions of Employment include medical insurance.  Western run medical facilities are very expensive in Beijing.

Agreed with Manlin's comments, if you just consuming local products it's enough, however, some expats do not adapt China products, you may need time to try. If you can rent a house far with Shuangjing I am sure you can save more money for rent.
Welcom to Beijing.

danik2010 wrote:

Hello everybody!! My husband has an work proposal in Beijing, starting in a few months... And I would like to join him, I am fascinated about this part of the world, but also afraid to go without knowing much about it... For 2 people (no children) with a salary of 12,000 RMB and 4,000 RMB for housing (allowance from the company) we will live OK? His work will be close to Shuangjing Bridge, it's an expensive area for rent? Thank you!!

Really depends on your housing requirements. If you give hime and support and have a real close watch on his wallet, you should be fine.

Just another word to add. The subway is quite alright for transportation in Beijing. Choose your apartment close to a station and you will save a lot on transportation.

or cycle :)