Help with a visa please!

Hi all,

I just found and joined this forum.  The site overall has some great info but the more I look for answers to getting a visa in AU, the more questions I find.

I'm interested in coming to AU for an extended trip.  I'd like to find work and live in Melbourne and I'm not sure which visa I'd be eligible for.

I've filled out several "free applications" only to get a very canned response soliciting for a premiere service which is quite expensive.

I'd really appreciate any advice or insight anybody could give me.  Here's a little info about me:  I'm 32 so the Working Holiday Visa is not an option.  I'm a graphic designer with about 5 years of experience but I'm open to working anywhere during my extended trip.  Where can I go from here?

Thanks for any advice!

After watching quite a few episodes of Border Security here in Australia, I know for a fact they can smell you out if you are entering the country on a tourist visa to look for work.

All I can think of at the moment is what I did when I tried to look for work after graduating from college in the US. I think its the same thing. Apply for school to get into the country. Actually study and see what you'll find after getting your certification.

Or come here with all intentions of visiting first. You sure you want to work here to begin with? Why do you want to be in Australia. Discover this place first and do some soul searching.

If you really think this is the place for you, then maybe while you're here, look for a legitimate lawyer to give you advice.

Take a look at the Australian immigration website and see what it says to do if you are interested in working here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general- … migration/

Hope it helps!

If you want some help try a migration agent as in my experience the embassies are not there to provide advice. I bought a consultation with a migration agent that was invaluable in letting me know what, where and how to do it. The guys I used also have some online products such as asking questions. dnamigration.com

Try the Australian Department of Immigration website, if you haven't yet--

www.immi.gov.au

I know there is (maybe was?) a new sort of working holiday visa available to US citizens that didn't exist a few years ago

azukizero wrote:

Hi all,

I just found and joined this forum.  The site overall has some great info but the more I look for answers to getting a visa in AU, the more questions I find.

Thanks for any advice!

Good Luck

hello , I think  this forum its so great, Im from mexico and I interesting in go to live to australia, I m sure this will help me a lot... Thank falks!!

Hi guys!! Im from  Monterrey mexico, 30 years old; and interesting in go to live to australia. Im dentist, but now Im working in the pharmaceurics medical sales industrie.