Sending money to South Africa from Saudi

hi all
what is the easiest,safest and cheapest way to send money to my home country.i am not yet in saudi but just want to explore my options.
also,do i have to open a bank account in saudi in order to send back home?any one got rates per sr1000 to send?
thanks

Once you have been issued your iqamah (residence permit) youll go into the bank to make the first transfer. They will guide you with the procedure. After the initial transfer, you will easily be able to transfer money frm your saudia account into your south African acc or any other account for that matter from the comfort of your home.

thanks.

any other suggestions?

hey Ibrahim, fellow south african with you. I find the cheapest is to send it via internet, less charges. you got to get an iqama and open ur bank account, msg me anytime for help

thanks imraan
will be in contact with you when i get to the kingdom,probably in a months time.

you are most welcome brother

imraan007 wrote:

hey Ibrahim, fellow south african with you. I find the cheapest is to send it via internet, less charges. you got to get an iqama and open ur bank account, msg me anytime for help

Hi Imran

How you doing?, do you know what the rates are and if they charge tax etc?

hi all
i want to send money to south african bank account
any one knows the rates and taxes ?
and do we have a limit or i can send any amount?

Hey, it depends on the banks you are using, check with them if it is FNB or ABSA...they have forex charges as well as sender and receiver bank charges. that is if your money will go to some international holder then re-distributed to south africa and also depends on the current exchange rate. my advice is to do lump sum transfers so that you loose less on the commission charges.

Hi guys. What are the charges from Rahji bank and Enjazz bank to FNB and ABSA for SAR 1000?

I paid SAR 140 per Tansfer of SAR3000 from Western Union to WU in South Africa, ABSA.

Thanks in advance.

R.

Limit is SAR50,000 per day if im not wrong

Hi, not sure if this is still active; my suggestion (once you have a local bank account. Set up a Capitec account and complete(in advance?) the forex forms. Try set up the notification comms via email. I have been down the Ned, Std and Absa route and Capitec is the most streamlined. Strangely, they work through the Ned forex system but for whatever reason, much more efficient. Not sure of the costs, but doesnt leave tears in your eyes and the ease of use outweighs the other negatives.

Anyway,have fun.
S

Hi all, i made my first deposit to a standard bank account in South Africa, i am worried though because they deducted the money from my saudi account(NCB) but the beneficiary still says inactive. how long will it take to reach south africa so i can check?

Hi All,
I am also considering coming to KSA. Need help with all the how to's. Especially on this topic. Anybody that knows cheapest rates, forex charges etc please advise.

Anybody with Aramco?

Transfers from country to country usually take 1-3 working days, no more.

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory]

Hi There

Can Anybody please give me info on what the costs are in transferring money from saudi to South Africa and what is the best process. Are there any tax implications.