Need to learn Bahasa

Hi
How and where can I get good teacher for Bahasa in Jakarta.....no group classes ?I live near Thamrin. Thanks for your help in advance.
Amie

Amie6367 wrote:

Hi
How and where can I get good teacher for Bahasa in Jakarta.....no group classes ?I live near Thamrin. Thanks for your help in advance.
Amie

If you want, I can help.  Just drop me an email at [email protected] or [email protected]... ;-)

Don

Good thing to do first is to get hold of a dictionary with Indonesian translation in it.......works so well and make sure to interact and use it, go to a mall and practice speaking...with the salesladies...

@Misterdon....I will shortly drop you email..how many days per week you teach?
@mslyn....I have been doin same and i have been able to pick up few phrases but I want to get my proounciatin corrct as well...so guess need a tutor....but I will keep practising as per your advice....thanks.

Amie6367 wrote:

@Misterdon....I will shortly drop you email..how many days per week you teach?
@mslyn....I have been doin same and i have been able to pick up few phrases but I want to get my proounciatin corrct as well...so guess need a tutor....but I will keep practising as per your advice....thanks.

Dear amie6367,

As I have discovered while teaching my current and former students, the rule of thumb is to have at least twice-a-week lessons, supplemented by efforts to put the language learned in everyday situations as often as possible.  Anything less will not yield promising rate of progress.  We can discuss how we could fit in the lessons into your weekly activities and go from there.

Just email me or add my messenger; we'll figure things out, no problem.

Don

How much time required to learn bahasa?

Amie6367 wrote:

I have answered this question in your inbox... :)

misterdon wrote:
Amie6367 wrote:

Thanks Don.....I sincerely appreciate your help,but I was recommended a tutor today by my colleague.....i start tomorrow and i m very much excited abt it......but i will surely catch up with u soonto test my bahasa:-)

Amie6367 wrote:
misterdon wrote:
Amie6367 wrote:

Thanks Don.....I sincerely appreciate your help,but I was recommended a tutor today by my colleague.....i start tomorrow and i m very much excited abt it......but i will surely catch up with u soonto test my bahasa:-)

No problem at all Amie... after all this blog is all about helping each other, right?  Good for you...  I will, though, hold you on to that Bahasa test... Until then, "Selamat belajar berbahasa Indonesia..."  :)