Full time daycare for 14 month old- No nannies

My family and I will be relocating to Jakarta in 2 months. We are looking for a daycare center thataccept babies/toddlers for at least 8 hours of the day as we both will be working. I know that it is cheaper to hire a nanny but I would like my child to go to school and be with other children. I noticed the classes for her age group is mainly mommy and me time that is only for an hour or so. Please help.

Thanks

Hello rhiggins.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Hope you will soon have some informations.

Aurélie

Hi rhiggins.  We have a nanny but we still send our THEN 14mth old to school/day care for the same social reasons.  There arent many all day school/day cares in jakarta especially ones that will take in kids under 2yrs old. I only know a couple for the reason that they are near our house -Royal Tots Academy in kuningan & Woodlands Montessori in senayan city.  Both are located in south jakarta.  Our daughter has been going to Woodlands since she was 14mths old, now she's 22mths and she loves it!  They have the montessori programme in the morning (8.30-11am) followed by the daycare straight after til 5-5.30pm. We've seen remarkable changes in her since enrolling. She enjoys her friends, has a wonderful teacher who has a background in child psychology & the lady who manages the daycare is also very good. Of course it all depends on which area u'd be living. If u need more info i would be happy to provide further details. Just drop me an email at  [email protected]

Thanks for replying. As sson as we are in jakarta I will e-mail you for additional info. Really appreciate it.

[Moderated: Please register into Jakarta Business directory]

Hi,

I was wondering. Did it work out for you?
I am actually in the same situation now.

Having a 2 year old, planning to move to Jakarta in 2 months, and both (husband and I having jobs). I'd also prefer fulltime daycare instead of a nanny.
Any recommendations in the Central Bussiness district / golden triangle?

Thanks so much!

Hello Valerie100 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this is an old discussion.

Feel free to start a new topic with all your questions on the Jakarta Forum.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi rhiggins you may contact Lollikids Montessori in Panin Tower(senayan city) or Ciputra World (kuningan, they have day school and day care for kids under 2 y.o.