Organic vegetables - suggestions welcome.

Hey Fellow expats,

I've started cultivating fruits and veggies using organic inputs in upcountry Sri Lanka.

I already grow Chinese cabbage, Japanese cauliflower, malaysian pumpkins, Pak choy, kale, Habaneros, Jalapenos, purple cabbage and many other local veggies as well.

I would like to focus on growing more exotic vegetables that are not usually available in Srilanka and would like your input. What are the veggies that you miss eating from back home that are not easily available at local stores. Look forward to your suggestions.

I would also welcome your suggestions/input, on getting my produce across to those of you interested.

If you have some background/experience in cultivation/growing of the above mentioned varieties, do write in and give me your suggestions and inputs. Your feedback would be very welcome.

Aryamann

hi Aryamann,
Just moved to SL a few days ago and have been meaning to look in to organic veggies. haven't had a good look at the markets but courgettes(or zucchinis) are good.. and of course- the increasingly difficult one- good tomatoes! not ones that look like tomatoes but taste of nothing-actual great tasting ones!
hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback, Reebs.

Yes, we are trying to grow Zucchini and already grow cherry tomatoes as well as some local varieties.

There are a lot of additives used to keep the veggies look/stay fresh at retail, this would explain why they look like the real thing but taste of nothing