How far is Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia to Colombo?

Hi

How far is Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia to Colombo?
is that a good place?
How's nightlife there?
any Expat Live there ?
anyone went to LOON TAO Chiness Seafood?  :):D

Hi,
Its a nice place if you like to be close to the beach. Its about 40 minutes by car/bus from the city centre (depends on the traffic). And you can find many beach restourants there. Loon tao is sometimes good also. There are nice french restourant and a seafood one.  Night life here is not the same as in Colombo, where a lot of bars and night clubs. But you can easy to go there from Mount Lavinia. To make right place you should come and check.

Hi Sweet
and thanks for your info..
just one more qustion...is it a good place for work?
and how's life cost there?
I've never been there.. :)
I have some job offer from some countries,Sri Lanka is one of them.
any expat live there?

15-20 minutes by bus from the centre of the city Colombo(Colombo 3 or 2, I presume)
dehiwala or mount Lavinia is Colombo 6
The one way ticket is around 20 rupees (12 cents)

To live and work in M.Lavinia is just as good as to get alive to the Paradise (zaswiaty!)

Very close .. We can say it's part of colombo

Hi Sevda,
It is a good place for life and work I think, always summer, sometimes much raining. I can not say that many expats live exactly in Mount Lavinia. On my opinion expats places are Colombo 3& 7. There are a lot of offices and embassies. Life here is not expensive.

your so sweet ....Thanks for information.
I have job offer from Sri Lanka and Oman.
still dont know what to do!

:/

Oh dear, i can not recommend. I have never been in Oman. But this is an Arabian country, with strict culture, And as I know, boring for youth, without any night life and entertainment.
Good luck!

Aggreed

Sri Lanka is more social when compared to Oman.But by Salary means I think Oman is way ahead.By the way Loon Tao is a good place.You should try their hot pot menus :top: ,the place rocks!