Moving to Nairobi - sports

Hello,

I've been offered a job in Nairobi and therefore find myself in the hard times of decision.
I currently live in Switzerland, around the Lake Geneva area which is a real paradise for me. I am someone that enjoys outdoors and outdoor sports a lot (cycling, trail running, swimming in lake, climbing, etc)
I know I cannot expect to have exactly the same life style  but can anyone tell me how the sport facilities are in Nairobi? and if we can still do things outside, not locked in a hotel gym?
By the way, I am a 30 year old woman.
Thanks a lot!
C.

Cycling - None... Cycling is very very dangerous here.  I do not recommend it. Though you can cycle in Karen district (28km from city centre). 

Trail running (hiking) - Yes, there are plenty around Nairobi (1 hour drive) in the surrounding hills/mountains but you need a car and need to know the areas as some places are not really safe (e.g. Ngong hills, many forests). Otherwise, you can always hire a guide or go a National park and hire a ranger

Swimming in lake - No !! There are some places in private farms around Nairobi (1 to 2 hours drive).  And do not forget that there are hippos in most freshwater lakes and rivers, and pollution is also high.

Climbing - See trail running...

But but but there are plenty of gym club in Nairobi.  Shared coumpound often have a swimming pool and a sport room with few equipment.  Here, people love golf and horse riding (so British) in private sport club for rich people who can afford high joining fee.

Peperuka

Thanks for the reply Peperuka. That's kind of what i was expecting..