Want to buy new vehicle. Confused between SUVs and Sedan.

Hi, I want to buy new vehicle. I had Toyota Camry 2000 which i sold 15 days back. Now i want to buy new car but got confused in whether to buy SUV( toyota, Honda,Hyundai,GMC,NISSAN 2005 model) with CARS (CAMRY or Honda Accord 2005).

Earlier i think to buy any SUV which has good resale. I chose
Toyota RAV4, HONDA CRV,Hyundai Santafe,Nissan Pathfinder and GMC Envoy.
My friends told me that dont go for SUV's as they are not easy to maintain, parts are expensive and less fuel economy.

They suggested me to go for TOyota CAmry or Honda Accord 2005 or 2006 model.

Please suggest which Class i should go.

Which one is better fuel economy and good resale value. As i am not sure till when i am here in Riyadh. Most probably 2 yrs from now.

The fuel sconomy must not be a big factor for a country like KSA where gasoline is cheaper than the bottled drinking water :)

People buy SUVs mainly for safety & size. For fuel economy go for a Sedan.

Your stay seems to be for a couple of years only; it's great idea to consider the resell value. Toyota is the best in that after Honda.

Unfortunately, there are many world renowned brands which are not that popular here in KSA because of factors like resell value, unsatisfactory customer service etc. Nissan customer service especially sucks.

...anyway, I suggest buying either camry or corolla. Both are economical and don't easily lose their price. The corolla is cheaper and I highly recommend it :)

The main problem with going for the international brands here is that they are not made for the conditions that saudi faces. 45+ during summer, 0 or less during winter. These are pretty tough set of conditions for a vehicle.

And then there is the problem of dealerships, part availability, and maintainability issues.

SUVs are a great choice if you want a more comfortable ride also if you plan on doing some long distance hauling. But they are more expensive to maintain. On an average, the GMC/Chevrolet SUVs, cost around SAR 100 per every 1000 kilometers on maintenance.

Sedans - corolla is the most sturdy and the the car with the lowest depreciation. Demands for good maintained corollas are HIGH.

In the end it all comes down to what your requirements are. Regular long distance/comfort/larger family/tall people- SUV
Else the sedan..

Cheers!

P.S. My 1000th post! :D

Congrats for 1000 useful posts @RedGlobin. You are a VIP now :):up:

Congrats RedGoblin! ;)

Sorry for the off topic

Thanks all of us. For SUV's now i have to drop the idea.

After reading the expert comments , i will go for sedan.
What about Honda Accord 2005 and camry 2005 , caprice 2005. Which is most better CAR in every sense i.e Resale, maintainance, fuel economy etc

Camry then Accord then Caprice

shahid.adyan wrote:

Thanks all of us. For SUV's now i have to drop the idea.

After reading the expert comments , i will go for sedan.
What about Honda Accord 2005 and camry 2005 , caprice 2005. Which is most better CAR in every sense i.e Resale, maintainance, fuel economy etc

I agree with TheLegends's order; but why I don't see my Corrolla on the list ?!!

Oops @Calm-Guy...:)! @shahid.adyan asked about the 3 and I just put them in order.

Camry's younger sister Corolla definitely comes second in my view.

Repharased: Camry then Corolla then Accord then Caprice :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oops @Calm-Guy...:)! @shahid.adyan asked about the 3 and I just put them in order.

Camry's younger sister Corolla definitely comes second in my view.

Repharased: Camry then Corolla then Accord then Caprice :)

no problem.. actually when i said "why I don't see my Corolla" I was kind of asking Shaid.adyan why he excluded Corolla from the options..!