Furnished or Unfurnished apartment

While we think renting a fully furnished apartment is hassle-free, we were told that we should consider an unfurnished apartment because the difference in rental is quite substantial. Does anyone know what's the average difference in rental between an un-furnished and furnished unit?

and if we choose an unfurnished unit, does anyone know if there is a single location where we can get everything to furnish the apartment with? I imagine IKEA and another electrical store for kitchen applicanes, washing machines etc?

Thanks!
Jason

HI,

The differences can be huge, 10 Euro/month/square meter unfurnished, 80 Euro/month/square meter furnished for the Frankfurt am Main region. But as everywhere it is dependable on the town / location.

there are Ikea's everywhere and other large shops, like Praktiker(cheap), OBI, Toom and so on, where you can buy all you need.

Note also, that houses and apartments in Germany in generell come without a kitchen and that when you leave, you remove the kitchen (some people buy it from their previous occupants and/or sell the kitchen again to the occupants who come after them.

The first apartment I rented in Germany, I took my furniture from the Netherlands and only had to buy a kitchen for about 400 Euro including appliances.

greetz

Frank

Thanks alot.

would anyone know if 1400 EUR per month for a fully furnished 113 sqm apartment just south of Koln is reasonable? and how much would you think the rent would be for an unfurnished unit in a similar location?

cheers
Jason

hi, i am relocating to Koln in mid july with family ( wife and 2 boys 6yrs and 3yrs), i need to know if i can get a fully furnished apartment ( 90 to 100 Sq mt) near the St George Interational School, how much would a fully furnished apartment of this size appx cost,

can anybody help me with this..