What is Love?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWLtx4QDAU_OZnqd06jIhnfugXG0CLVVzUDC0pwLeqUXjVsdeu

Throughout history, defining love has been a challenge for psychologists, anthropologists and theorists. For instance, Plato and Aristotle provided two opposite definitions—each definition is part of the whole philosophy of the philosopher. Regardless the precise definition, love can be explained as a state of emotion that suddenly strikes the heart. Period. What cannot be denied is the society's influence on its people's understanding and practice of love. So, perhaps, these varied understandings of love by societies exacerbate our attempt to delineate the concept of love. Again, it is fascinating to see how a society draws the circle of love and compels its people to stay within. Finally, it is sad to see how some people degrade love to the materialistic level. Needless to say, some people understand love based on what they read in the romantic novels which most of them can be summed up to a handsome boy met a pretty girl on the first page, cheated on her over the course of the story, and reunited with her on the last page. Period.

Questions need to be considered:

What is love?
How is it generated?
How does it work?
Can a person love more than one at the same time? Why not?

Love is your sincere feeling to one person that you can do things beyond your limit.
It is started when both of you understand each other.
Love works when the two partners trusted one another despite of how far they are as long as they have constant communication.
No. If you are sincere to your partner, you don't hurt her instead you have to do all things that makes her happy.

Thanks, Larry, for sharing these significant insights :)

You are very much welcome my dearest friend.
Anyways, i cannot send a message in my message box that's why i haven't reply your last message.
I need to post a blog so that they will fully activated my messages. I don't have idea to post a blog...hehe
But i posted one blog here, can you reply it...
It's about HOW TO REACH OUR DREAMS...
Thanks in advance..

Baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more...

you can give without love but you can't love without giving!

hi everyone!

thanks for posting here..

love is all!

DeputyOfL wrote:

love is all!

such a romantic guy :kiss:

lol

Love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment :dumbom::cheers::sosad:

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/uploads/RTEmagicC_Victorian-valentines-cards-two-cherubs-red-hearts.jpg.jpg

love is all?! sorry, be specific!

Love is really Blind,,,

Two quotes from two VERY different movies sum it up for me..

From When Hary Met Sally:
"I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

From Conan the Barbarian (1982):
"All the gods, they cannot sever us. If I were dead and you were still fighting for life, I'd come back from the darkness. Back from the pit of hell to fight at your side."

Born2Network wrote:

"I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

"All the gods, they cannot sever us. If I were dead and you were still fighting for life, I'd come back from the darkness. Back from the pit of hell to fight at your side."

People usually quote a different scene from When Harry Met Sally:  "I'll have what she's having."

:lol::lol::lol:

Alliecat wrote:
Born2Network wrote:

People usually quote a different scene from When Harry Met Sally:  "I'll have what she's having."

Yeah, but thats not really pertaining to love :)

Born2Network wrote:

Yeah, but thats not really pertaining to love :)

No, but it's pertaining to When Harry Met Sally!  As for love quotes, I don't think of movies.  Rather, Shakespeare's sonnets come to mind.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4420738_f520.jpg

@Alliecat...wow
u just put me into romance mode, hmmm...brilliance or u just gonna get me in trouble

WTF!  :blink:

hehe. oh the things that could be said here.  I think im a bit out of the norm here lolol

love is "care"

I love to love  :P

I got the meaning of love from my parents, for my personnel i still dint find my true love.

~What is love~
~baby, don't hurt me~
~Don't hurt me no more~ :whistle:

Again from a Movie..... Love is a 4 letter word... ;)

A highly over rated human emotion. Love is mostly superficial state of mind, especially when some says "love at first sight". It should be more like "attraction at first sight" or in some cases "lust at first sight" rather than love.

Love is human emotion that is derived out of familiarity with some one. A familiarity that makes you want them close to you all the time that your mind feels empty when they are not with you. Some people feel a purpose when this familiarity is there, or a purpose is developed to maintain that love, so when "love" is lost , some people lose purpose.

If you want to call the human emotion of being attracted to some one when you see them , just b'z of their hair, smell, how they look, they way they looked or talked to you etc etc  - then dont call it love. Is that love, in reality.
I would say love or feeling of being in love is when you are so familiar with someone that you cannot imagine a (i would not say  a moment, you can go a moment without that person,that line is so cheesy some times) day without them being close to you, speaking to you, giving you their opinions, asking your opinions, making you feel wanted and important to them and cries their heart out when something bad happens to you, or even when you don't consider them important in your life - this is love for me. The rest is all just either - attraction, lust, like, hair, dress, smell etc etc

Alliecat wrote:

"I'll have what she's having."

From Saudi Arabia's Expat point of view...my idea of that line is...the usual thingy of women fond of married men!  :D

404 not found  in saudi

im too late in this forum....its too old...

Soltero wrote:

Baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more...

I laughed way too hard at this

Love is to feel the sun from both side

love is kind, no envy, limitless understanding......

Moheet wrote:

Love is to feel the sun from both side

Dont worry in Riyadh, you will feel the sun really well  :)