Where to live in Nairobi

Hello, I arrive in Nairobi in 3 weeks.  Is it hard to find a furnished apartment?  Can someone recommend a hotel for about US$30/day? How safe is the city?  Thanks!:)

Hey! Finding accomodation is not that hard,it all depends with your budget and where youll be located in terms of work or school. To start with you can check out the classified section on the blog,there are advertised single/shared furnished apartments may be u could strike a good deal.

The city is safe you need to be street smart obviously.

Hi,  I have posted a link below for budget (and some not so) below.  To be honest, I think that you are being unrealistic to budget for $30 per day. 

There is quite a lot of choice regarding furnished apartments and an internet search should come up with a good selection.  Prices vary.  I have pasted one or two below to get you started:

eldonvillas.com/rates.html

samraapartments.com/rental_rates.asp

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294207-i9695-k2878890-l18945861-Black_Rose_Apartments-Nairobi.html

Nairobi is reasonably safe, provided you take precautions such as not flashing expensive items in public, being aware of your surroundings and not walking the streets after dark.  If you go out in the evening, make sure that you have transport to and especially from the venue.

Hi i dont know about 30$ hotels but when i arrived in nairobi, first night i stayed in a hotel which charged me 120$. So i did not stay there for more than one day. Later next day i shifted to Ngong hill hotel in Ngong road for 40$ per day and i stayed in that hotel for one month. its better to get into a 3 bedrom flat rather staying in hotel.

Hello,

I read your post on this website and i have a room to rent which will be vacant on 1st november... probably by the time you get here.

Please have a look at my advert and the photos on https://www.expat.com/en/classified/afr … fault.html

Let me know if you will be interested. Thank you.

Hey Joekie, that webpage cannot be opened, so you please check it again, coz greenteerno may find difficulty to open that...

Thanks Suribhai, I have edited the link

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!:)