Back in London after 14 years

Hi,

I'm back in London after 14 years.  I was living in France for the past 5 years but I have to say London is my home.  I work in an award winning restaurant as a receptionist and I love my job.

I'm looking to make new friend.

Well I don't thing I have any more to say.

Hi vero040,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have moved your topic on the London forum for better visibility.

Hi,
Do you feel London has changed alot in the time you have been away?
:blink:

not really,
I came back really often at least 2 or 3 times per years, I was living in France.
The only thing I was living in Westminster and fulham and now I have a room in the East side and I ate it.  I really need to find a place soon.

Hi vero040,
I'm not sure what the east side is like in LDN but i can imagine its is not as good as Westminster or Fulham. I know Wandsworth and Clapham has alot of professionals in these part of town.. may be you can try these areas if you know what the place is like? Eitherway, I Hope you find a place soon..good luck and welcome back to the uk :)

jaz ;)

thanks jaz,

this week-end I will take time to visit some place the last week was chaotic at work.  I did ear this place they were good place but also looking around waterloo station.

thanks again
vero

Hi

I live in London too and am after friends to hang out with and to expand my horizons.
This is not my favorite medioum of comunications so please any suggestions on meeting for a drink?

My phone is 079 28 5678 47if you prefer to talk I'll get back to you.

dave

Hi Vero040,
Did you get any joy with your flat hunting? :|
Waterloo is not a bad area either. Its Very close to alot of things and right in the heart of the city. A very good location all round, for public transport, cinemas (imax), theaters, tourist attractions, places to eat and drink..and the list goes on... ;)

Although not far from Waterloo, you could try Vauxhall, Southbank and Elephant & Castle? I've never lived in these areas, I heard that Elephant & Castle wasn't a good place a while back (you may remember it abt 14 years back :/) but if you see it now, the area is going through regeneration and so new modern buildings are coming up and alot of professionals are moving into the area :)

Just heading up abit, Russel Square could be an option if this helps too?

I hope you will find somewhere of your choice that's suits you..
Good luck and let me know how you get on..

Jaz ;)

I'm back ...

May I say I'm still looking for a flat I love posh area ! I have to say I'm in love with Greenwich.  I love the nature but the price of flat they ridicule.
For my job I'm looking for a new one.  I have job interview 1st week of january we will see.

Hi Vero040,
Welcome back and hope flat hunting has been on your side and that you've found somewhere you like..
Moreover, hope your job interview went ok and your settling ok..
Jaz :D

Hi Jazzy,

It's not going very well since I was fire for economic reason with 4 others.  Now I'm not sure what to do I really fell in love with Brighton I went back 4 times since 2 weeks.  I decide that I want to quit the hotel/restaurant industries I can't do it anymore.  I still want to work with costumers but I'm looking the possibility. 

In Bahrain as the life ?

vero

Sorry to hear that Vero, i'm sure something will crop up sooner than later. Keep perusing and you will win :)
If you like working with customers, in UK you will not be short of that as London has alot to offer. In Bahrain, well the life is not as busy as London. London is always lively, especially central london, it never stops..
Jaz