Hello from new member, Jakarta Indonesia

Hello everyone...!

I've just recently joined and thought to present my greetings to the hosts and members of the site.

A bit of professional biography in the light of future possible assistance to the expatriate community in Jakarta: I am a native Indonesian and a professional English to Bahasa (vice versa) translator in Jakarta, Indonesia. I've been at it for over 12 years and for the last year have been busy expanding my client network world-wide, especially in America with my joining with Foxtranslate.com almost a year ago. Feel free to drop by my website if you wish to know more, or have some business inquiry I would feel honored to be of service.

In any case, on the more important issue, is my presence here at expat-blog.com. I first heard of it from livinginindonesia.com forum, from which I have enjoyed many insights of expat lifestyles and come to know Mas Fred, who is also a frequent poster there, if not the admin himself--I'm not really sure :). I don't post there since I'm not a member.

I mean, I tried to joined but got rejected due to my IP being dynamic and perhaps was recorded to have been used randomly by some blasted spammers whathaveyou. I get that a lot recently and am just glad to be accepted here.

To cut the tail short, I wish to have friends, get to know people and stories of places and experiences I've never been but hope to be one of these days. Judging from the posts in various Indonesian topics I have read so far, I have a feeling this place would be a cool virtual lounge to stretch out and relax. The people here seem to be genuinely friendly, willing to help newbies (like me), and the admins are ever vigilant to always show up when needed, and eradicate spammers with extreme prejudice. Which is good. I *hate* spammers.

That's all, I guess. I'm sorry if my language feels a bit stiff and often rambling. I hope it wouldn't diminish anyone's interest to get to know me better.

Thank you, all!
:)

Hi and welcome on board blubeetle!

Thanks for this introduction ;)
I hope you will enjoy your time on the site and make new contacts!

Regards
Armand

Thanks, Armand. Hope so as well!