Regarding art, music and culture

dear friends
how is Ethiopia and Ethiopians in their country? what i see through many a visitor is, every one skip this and tell about pick pocketing, threatening, black market.. etc..which happen in any country..in general do they show hospitality at the foreigners? are they sympathetic?..how about returning home after a late evening/night drink in addis ababa for any foreigner? what precautions one should take???dont they have smoky bars? draft beer bars? i am neither a drunkard nor a late night goer..but i love to see the country's culture..that's the only curiosity..i visited different parts of Africa..where they open up with lots of great music in their smoky bars..and evening roads are crowded with beautifully dressed children, women, men...who love their tradition and cultures..can we see this also here in Addis??wherever i go for evening walk i keep my hands in pockets..its my habit..well this is a query can anyone please respond??i love to meet people who are working with art, music and culture...thanks.

Hi vadnath!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hello dear friend, realy addis is safe even than those western city some times cos i never heard or watched about rape foreigners or kill or do bad stuffs than just pickpocket.
yes, addis has so many lovely night clubs with bands and djs,cultural musics, art museums and ethography museum.
we can meet for draft to drink and exchange ideas and culture.
welcome
[email protected]
solomon