Security deposit with Landlord

Is there any rule in Bahrain for the security deposit repayment by the landlord after completion of the contract period?

I paid one month security deposit to my landlord, before starting the tenure. I completed one year tenure as per the contract. Now I am facing issues in getting my security deposit back. They are delaying the process, it's almost a week now. When I call to their office they ask to wait or call back. They don't even bother to reply to my emails.

What should I do?

Short of filing a case, nothing.

@XTang

Sorry I didn't get you, could you please explain me? Should I file a case with Police? If yes, do I need a lawyer for this?

This is not a police matter.  All police will do is call him to give you the deposit back (assuming if they even entertain you) and tell you to file a civil case.

@XTang

Ok got it.  In case I don't get my money back in next few weeks, is it a good idea to file a civil case? If I file it, how much money should I keep ready?

It's only worth it if the security deposit is a high amount. I don't know what the lawyers will charge. It varies and can be up to a couple hundred bds.

Ok, got it. Thankyou so much for your help :)