Retirement in Cambodia ER Visa - One way ticket

Hello,

I'm 64, retired, married, my wife was born in Cambodia and is a naturalized French citizen. She has a K visa. Passports are up to date.

We are in the process of selling the house to move to Phnom Penh.

To do this, we'll only be taking one-way plane tickets from Paris to Phnom Penh.

Do you know of any airlines that pose a problem (because of the one-way ticket) and refuse boarding at check-in?

Do they require an onward ticket to accept you at check-in? Is the onward ticket proof that you'll be leaving the country on a certain date, or do they require a round-trip ticket to let you on the plane?

Thank you for your answers and advice.

Did

@seila2020

I'm getting ready to retire there in a few months, and called my airline about that, as I'm doing a one-way from the USA.  They said they don't require it.

I did however find a website called onward ticket dot com, where you can buy a legit ticket for that purpose out of Cambodia to a neighboring country for like $20 if needed.

Best Regards,

EODEricMD

Thanks Eric.

I've also seen these sites:***and other similar sites, but I wonder if it's really the purchase of a plane ticket or proof of reservation!

Best regards,

Did

Moderated by Cheryl 2 months ago
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

I'm 64, retired, married, my wife was born in Cambodia and is a naturalized French citizen. She has a K visa. Passports are up to date.

- Exactement dans le même cas que vous !

Nous sommes venus au mois d'octobre, j'ai pris 2 aller simple, pour ma femme pas de soucis, moi j'ai simplement, par sécurité, pris un billet de bus de "kampot" à "ho chi minh", 23 $, je l'ai pris via internet, de france avec une date de 3 semaine après mon arrivée.

Ce billet de bus ne m'a pas été utile, on ne m'a rien demandé au guichet. Mais celà peut arriver.

Donc par sécurité, prenez un billet de bus !

A votre arrivée, TRES IMPORTANT, prenez un visa "ordinaire". Avec ce visa, vous pourrez aller dans une agence de voyage, par exemple, et vous demanderez le visa d'un an renouvelable. Il vous faudra un compte bancaire et une adresse.

@mickmars

Hello,

Please note that you are on the english speaking forum. Members are requested to post only in english on this section of the forum. You may send a private message to the Op should you want to interact in french. Click on her username > send a message

Thank you

Bhavna

@mickmars

Thank you so much for the answer.

When you say "ordinary visa", do you mean an ER visa?

@didcam62

When you say "ordinary visa", do you mean an ER visa?

Hello,   "Ordinary visa" is a visa E . there are 2 types of visas for foreigners, T for Tourist, and Ordinary visa ; you ask then ordinary visa on arrival, and after that you ask for a visa extension in visa ER for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.

One month tourist visa cost 30 $ on arrival, and ordinary visa, 35$ and don't make the mistake to take a Tourist visa, cause this can not be changed in E visa, and you have to leave the land after one month, and 2 months if you have a tourist visa extension.

You need 2 pictures for the visa extension, +-300$ for one year, an adress, and absolutely nothing else.

Good luck, CH

@christian123

Thank you so much

You will just need to buy a one way ticket. No need to buy a round trip ticket.

Thank you so much

So for E- or ordinary visa you don't need any documents at all? Just apply on arrival at the airport and that's it...

@WilleWeikko no need any document.

So for E- or ordinary visa you don't need any documents at all? Just apply on arrival at the airport and that's it...

-@WilleWeikko

Papers to fill on will be given in the plane before your arrival, and those papers are also available on arrival, you choose T for Tourist and Ordinary visa for visa ''E'', and  you don't need any document att all for the first visa  on arrival, but if you want to extend the E visa, only the ER visa (Retired)  doesn't need documents, and to be accepted to get it, you must be 55 years old or more, it's very simple, but if you come here to work, you will need paper for the E-visa extension.

Tourist visa extension can be done only once one month more, and after that, you have to leave the land, no other choice.

Ordinary visa can be extend indifinitely, and only the 6 and 12 months visa extension allows you to exit and re-enter Cambodia ;  1 and 3 months E-visa and 1 or 2 months Tourist visa  is canceled when you go out of the land.

Take care of you