Entry refused

Hi, background is writer's partner got new job in singapore, thus starting from Oct.2023 writer has travelled to singapore with tourist visa (2year multiple, expire by mod 2025) for 3 times, and on last entry online extension was denied. 3 days before expiration writer and partner went to Malaysia for 1 day and was refused to enter when back.

Later was summoned to a small room of ICA for questions and eventually gathered my fingerprinta dn take pic. After that writer wait at frontdesk area for a while and frontdesk Madame told me about refusal with letter indicating ”ineligible”. Madame tells me im not allowed for this time enter and when i inquire will this impact my future visit, only receive response ”just go back to your country for some time and get back”. When i ask how long does ”some time” stands for there is no answer.

I am now also writing to ICA for appeal and ask about what is my ban(if any). Would same time seek everyone's opinion if this almost means i am blacklist and for 2 years possibly?

This is just another exampleof what NOT to do in Singapore:

• NEVER abuse a visitor visa to in fact live here (with your partner)!
  • NEVER try to extend your stay by short trips abroad!

Now you have a black mark in your profile and will face increased scrutiny in every dealing with Singapore officialdom.

You should stay away from the country for AT LEAST as long as you were in before (all visits in close succession added up) - and then contact ICA before your next trip and come only if they approve it.

Hello, I am posting because I have a similar case. It is actually for my brother Matt.

I am originally from the Philippines but I am married to Singaporean and I have a Singaporean son. Last year 2023 I invited my entire family, mom, dad, brother to come here to celebrate my son's first bday. My older brother is here too studying in Singapore. That was May 2023. July I asked them come back to celebrate my brother Matt bday and my dad. June 30 and July 1. They live in Malaysia only as my dad works there for more than 10 years. however still holding Philippine passport. I extended my brother's Matt visa online as I needed help to take care of my son and to celebrate my bday in August too. Me and my husband working full time so I needed help. It was approved and he went back to Malaysia.

Oct 2023 I invited my brother Matt again to come here for Halloween Horror Nights and upon leaving Nov 2023 he was asked to send an appeal to ICA before visiting Sg again. This coming June is my son's 2nd bday and I want my whole family here again however after applying for appeal, it was unsuccessful. My brother did not overstay or work illegally at all. We were really doing tourist things and enjoying Singapore as we were away due to covid.

just want to know if anyone got similar experience and eventually got approved. We dont know if he is banned or how long it is as the officer just said he comes to Singapore may times. Any suggestion and help would be greatly appreciated!

I am originally from the Philippines but I am married to Singaporean and I have a Singaporean son.

Your profile says you are from Finland. If that is incorect, please edit it!

Apparently, your brother visited Singapore too often and/or too long for ICA's liking. Thus he must get ICA's approval before any future visit. If they reject his application, he cannot come.

Only ICA can tell how long this will last and if anything can be done to lift the ban earlier.

@beppi thank you for your response.

I have checked my profile and it says Filipino Expat in Singapore with the Philippine Flag. 🙁 not sure why it says I am from Finland on your side.

Thank you for your advise. I will try to post in a thread about this to ask for other opinion on my case. Thank you appreciate it!