Car Rental Insurance

Does anyone have recommendations for car rental insurance which meets the requirements in Vietnam?

Does anyone have recommendations for car rental insurance which meets the requirements in Vietnam?
        -@mike oz47

Hello mike oz 47, welcome to expat.com and thank you for your first post.

Would you tell us from whom/where you intend to rent the vehicle?

Individual car owner? Airport rental kiosk? One-off (mom-pop)  rental outlet or agency?

@Aidan in HCMC i prefer a reputable car rental agency but im aware of local mom and pop opportunities as well. i guess my answer would be any and all. is there a difference that i need to be aware of?

Ok, good on preferring any of the big name dealers. Each of those offer their own in-house rental insurance policies which can be scaled up to cover virtually any/all circumstances, barring mishaps occurring due to illegal activity. The rental price can also include the cost of a local driver.

Take a look at this site (Link) from a reputable commercial enterprise Vinpearl Resort, particularly to sections

2.1. Vietnam car rental with drivers

and

2.2. Vietnam car rental without drivers

Pay special attention to the details in 2.2 if your intent is to rent without a driver. Though you didn't mention the visa you will use to enter VN, it should be noted for other readers of this thread that it is not possible to convert an Int'l Driver's Permit(or a driver's license from one's home country)  to a VN Driver's License if you are here on a tourist visa.

edit: though this thread (Link) was specific to motorbikes, much of the information discussed would apply equally to cars

@Aidan in HCMC thank you so much for the information you provided. its very helpful!