New to this forum

Hi everyone,

Just posting to say hello because I'm new here. I'm Ian, and I've just moved here to Helsinki, where I'm going to be teaching English. I'm originally from Ireland but have lived in Russia for two years before moving here.

I'm currently involved in the soul-destroying task of looking for somewhere to live, so any hints or advice would be appreciated.

Ian Mac E.

Hi Ian & welcome to Expat.com!

Nice introduction.:)

Hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here.

Harmonie.

hi there,
        just noticed your message.  Its a bit old now but wondering if you are still living in Helsinki?  If you are i'd love to hear how you are getting on. Im just back from visiting my boyfriend there.  Have you settled in well? How is the social scene? I went to Molly Malone's to see if i could meet other Irish people to chat with.  I usually never want to just meet irish when abroad but i think it would be nice if i move to Helsinki. Anyway, really hope all is well with you and that you are getting used to the slighly cold conditions.:)

Hi everyone!

I`m a Finn originally from Helsinki, recently moved back here after 5 years in the Eastern part of Finland, and realized my old network is pretty much not here anymore. As I`m really keen on getting new friends, speaking English and Swedish and practising my Italian, learning about new cultures and helping people out, I`m looking forward to making new contacts on this forum. If you want a friend to show you around in Helsinki or teach you Finnish or whatever, feel free to contact me. :)

Heidi

hello are you there??

My name is Cookie from S.Korea! I know it  sounds a bit weird but, that's my English Nickname.. you just call me "Cookie". I just moved to Helsinki last week with my fiance because he got a job here.
I love cooking, traveling, shopping (specially grocery shops),walking and taking care of my favorite people..and I'm so excited to try new food such as reindeer :-)
but I realized it's not easy anymore because, I'm a stranger here and have no idea about Finnish. I'm not really good to learn foreign language even.

However, I'm ready to go out!! I hope this post helps me get out of the boring days..

Have a nice day!

Cookie

Hello Ian!

Although your post is quite old, and you've hopefully found good friends and a happy life in our country, if at any point you might feel like chatting with a complete stranger, you're free to contact me any time.
I'm finnish, living in Helsinki, and would love to work on my english, as it's propably not quite as good as it used to be when I studied and spoke english 24/7.
I'm also up for meeting new people and having a good time!
So.. from one pisces to a nother, hope to hear from you. :)

Anyways, hope you have a great time here and survive this horribe winter. It's just way too cold for my taste.

-Amy-