Worth moving to SG to start a family?

Hello all, my wife and I are both 30yrs old from London. I work as a Sales Engineer for an AI company. My wife is a Line Producer at a film production company. Our gross household income is £180k (300k SGD) before bonus and commissions. I am half English half Indian. My wife is Norwegian-French. Not sure which of these races take precedence. Or are they all the “wrong” one to have?

We have visited SG a fair few times and would love to start a family there. Does it make any sense at all? I have been told a few immigration horror stories. Visas and residence permits taking years etc. Only certain communities welcome. Some guidance on our circumstances would be welcome. What are our chances of getting PR? We'd look for same or higher pay, sounds plausible?

Thank you so much.

@pointless.banter

Hello,

My personal advice would be:

- start to look for a job in Singapore from UK

- Don't resign from your jobs in UK before securing a job here

- Currently it's not easy for foreigners to find a job (except if you work in a field with shortage, employers have difficulties to find skilled and experienced local candidates). In my case I have been looking for a job for 9 months, and still haven't found anything yet (life science). I'm also French.

- Network, again network. Try to contact ( LinkedIn) recruiters, hiring managers, people working in the same field

- Check if there is a British chamber of commerce here

Sephora's advice above is very good.

I would like to add:

• AI is "In", so you can probably find a job.Your wife less so, as there is no major film industry here (and most jobs in the artsy community go by connections, which she does not have).
  • It is very likely that your family income would be lower.
  • Do not worry about becoming PR - that is many years from now, if at all.
  • My personal opinion is that Singapore is not a place to have kids - it's an expensive "hobby" here (with high school fees and no support from the state) and the crowded city and society gives them litttle room to grow. The education system is good, but very stressful for the kids.

Thanks for your input both. Looks like choice is not as clear cut as we had imagined. Lot more thinking to do our end. Cheers!