New offer for 16k

Hi People,

Got a new job offer from a company. it has been decided that I would be offered 16k PM with annual air ticket. I would be coming from Delhi. IM a family of 3 with my wife and 1 child. Let me know if the salary offered would be good enough. Im currently earning 70000 INR here in india.

Hi there!

Congratulations on the new job! Sadly, 16k is not enough here  if you plan to live in a compound and send your child to international school. Monthly groceries etc expenses are also high here. I would re-think before making a move. You should be looking atleast 30k for a decent survival here with family! Hope it helps.

@Countrychangers

Hello!

If you do not stay in a compound and send your children to the Indian embassy school, your monthly expenses shall be in the range of 7-10K and you will be able to save atleast 5k per month. This is without hiring a maid or driver.

70k INR is only around 3500 riyals, so it all depends on your lifestyle

Hope this helps.

Addition to that you have to bear 400 SAR per person per month as a dependent fee

The offer that I have currently in hand is 16k + HRA + Fuel allowance of 500SAR per month.

Does this suffice ?, I dont think I can negotiate further in this case

Any update on this the above guys ? the 16k + HRA + Fuel allowance ?

Today seems to be the last date for me to say a yes or no

@Countrychangers

HRA maybe 3x basic / 12 months

So it's around 20k per month, should be good enough from 3.5k that you're currently earning, plus go for a yearly contract so that if unhappy you can return after a year

If you have a normal middle class lifestyle, welcome to the KSA else if there are still doubts other than the money (as Quality of Life is better) don't take the plunge you'll be unhappy

Hope this helps