ID Card post Brexit

I had a pre Brexit card and own a property in Malta, but was not there in 2020/2021 due to Covid restrictions and reduced immunity from Chemotherapy. The authorities are now saying I must reapply for an ID card but do not qualify under the pre Brexit rules . I am 72 and retired. What can I do?

Yours distressed

I had a pre Brexit card and own a property in Malta, but was not there in 2020/2021 due to Covid restrictions and reduced immunity from Chemotherapy. The authorities are now saying I must reapply for an ID card but do not qualify under the pre Brexit rules . I am 72 and retired. What can I do?
Yours distressed
-@debcuthbert

I would contact the British High Commission.

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-high-commission-malta

Yours distressed
-@debcuthbert

You cannot apply for a ten year card as it's far to late,  you are now a TCN and will have to apply for a new card which are not so easy to get as they were previously, someone I now also owned a property here and found it very difficult to obtain a residence card.