Close

Dependent Visa for spouse and child from India

I have applied for my Residence Permit and received the acknowledgement. I have the following clarifications.

1. I would like to know if I can ask my spouse and child to apply for Dependent Visa with the acknowledgement that I have received from Identity Malta or should I wait for my Residence Card?

FYI - I also have rented an apartment for an year and I have a rental agreement for it as well.

2. My Visa was stamped for 3 months and was only a single entry. Could you please let me know, how can I change it to Multiple entry? Is there any special procedure for it.

1.- Probably you should wait for your permit first. Right now you don't have guaranteed status here. Once you get your permit you can apply for your spouse and child.
2.- If you were given a single turist visa the only way to get a multiple entry is applying again. I had the same situation and what I did was to leave Malta (because I had some meetings abroad)  , applied for a new Schengen visa and came back. The acknowledgment they give you allows you reside here for 3 months. The idea is that you came to reside and you should wait patiently :)

Thank you for your reply

Expatriate health insurance in Malta

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malta

Moving to Malta

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malta

Travel insurance in Malta

Enjoy stress-free travel to Malta

Flights to Malta

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Malta

2 million members!

Watch later