WiFi and POE Equipment Suggestions For Brazil

Greetings all.

I know a lot about networking (digital) but when it comes to understanding power I am a child.  I need to install a WiFi AP or bridge in my apartment to extend the signal and I do not want to use one that requires a power plug but instead one that is powered by POE (Power Over Ethernet).  I am from the USA and clearly the electricity standards are different.

What I need is a POE enabled switch and a POE capable WiFi device.  Can I purchase the POE switch or injector in the USA it will work in Brazil with a plug converter to Type-C or -N?  Or do you recommend I purchase both in Brazil.  My internet provider is Claro.  If the answer is buy in Brazil, can anyone recommend a brand and model for both and/or the name of a store where I can find a good variety in Brazil?  I am in the Copacabana area and electonics stores are not very large and have minimal variety.

Hi there

check out mercadolivre. They sell both at a good price. Probably cheaper than buying in the US

as to mercado livre, that's a good suggestion but don't know if it's cheaper than the US (as electronics in Brazil tend to be expensive).  However, I'm not sure if ones in the US would work in Brazil...most electronics do, but I don't know about internet devices. 

As you are in Copa, why don't you stop by Blame it On Rio (used to be a travel agency, now a laundromat and bike rental place) and talk to Bobby (he's an American and has been there for 20+ years.  Also a friend of mine).  His shop is on Xaviar da Silva, pretty close to Avenida Atlantica.

Though it has been some time since I purchased a Unifi Access Point Pro in 2014, I mistakenly did not realize that it was POE capable. As I had recently completed a refurbishment, including running Ethernet cables, I decided that connecting via POE was now the preferred option. Therefore, I purchased a POE adapter in Rio de Janeiro, although I cannot recall the exact location. The setup worked perfectly fine, and over the years, as I upgraded my internet, I connected the AP to various routers using the same POE adapter without encountering any issues. At the time, I received guidance from the IT manager at my workplace, who mentioned that there is a standard for powering IT hardware. Consequently, the POE adapter I purchased in Brazil was compatible with the AP I bought in the USA. I have just checked and found that Amazon.com.br offers several POE adapters in Brazil, although they are not as inexpensive as those available on Amazon.com. 1f600.svg

Thank you all

Greetings all.
I know a lot about networking (digital) but when it comes to understanding power I am a child. I need to install a WiFi AP or bridge in my apartment to extend the signal and I do not want to use one that requires a power plug but instead one that is powered by POE (Power Over Ethernet). I am from the USA and clearly the electricity standards are different.

What I need is a POE enabled switch and a POE capable WiFi device. Can I purchase the POE switch or injector in the USA it will work in Brazil with a plug converter to Type-C or -N? Or do you recommend I purchase both in Brazil. My internet provider is Claro. If the answer is buy in Brazil, can anyone recommend a brand and model for both and/or the name of a store where I can find a good variety in Brazil? I am in the Copacabana area and electonics stores are not very large and have minimal variety.
-@headshot

Go to your chain stationery store and or electronics store, or computer store, and see what they have in stock

If ain't certified by Anatel, it won't work right here.