Health care

My long term partner was admitted 5 days ago with a constant cough which has not improved, the frustrating thing is no one will tell her what is wrong and I am in Australia, should I try and get her to a proper hospital in Vietnam.  Thank you

@Willyboy1937

I don't understand Vietnam, isn't she in Cambodia?

If so, Royal Phnom Penh hospital is the best and a subsidiary of Bumingrad hospital in Bangkok.

Good luck.

Joe

Is it only dry cough, or something else is in picture? If she has only dry stubborn cough - even during night, maybe she should go to pharmacy and ask for Althaeae radix extract. Or explain them that you need syrup for dry cough. From time to time dry cough is spread to population, I had it something like 13 years ago,could not sleep had intensie cough, went to pharmacy and they gave me that syrup. Of course for peace of mind nothing helps more than visit to qualified doctor.

My long term partner was admitted 5 days ago with a constant cough which has not improved, the frustrating thing is no one will tell her what is wrong and I am in Australia, should I try and get her to a proper hospital in Vietnam. Thank you
-@Willyboy1937

In addition to JoeK's good advice, I'm wondering if Vietnam is your best option?

Most expats here in Vietnam believe that accessing superior medical care requires travel to Thailand.

As to her diagnosis (which only a doctor can make) unfortunately there are myriad possibilities in Southeast Asia.

All too common is TB, which can be confirmed within 72 hours by a simple skin test or more immediately by chest x-ray.

Also, it's a time of year when many people suffer respiratory problems, as flora & foliage are flourishing and filling shifting winds with high amounts of pollen.

There are some general treatments that are also somewhat diagnostic as well, and hopefully the current doctor will try some of them.

Bronchodilator inhalers such as Albuterol can be tested while in the hospital with results immediately confirming if that will be helpful (indicating that perhaps Reactive Airway Syndrome/Asthma is the culprit and not necessarily an infection).

Even a cup of black coffee can also be tried to see if the cough/breathing improves after that.

There are some heart problems that first display the sign of a persistent cough, so hopefully they have done a simple EKG.

Let's hope she'll be able to get the quality of care she needs to get a handle on the problem.

Good luck & best regards,

O.B.

I am allergic on almost everything then I  went to some Phu Quoc bungalow which had some specific furniture smell which made coughing and sneezing for day two until I went to pharmacy and bought some anti allergy medicine, it can be everything possible in picture that's why it is important she goes ASAP to good doc.

I am allergic on almost everything then I went to some Phu Quoc bungalow which had some specific furniture smell which made coughing and sneezing for day two until I went to pharmacy and bought some anti allergy medicine, it can be everything possible in picture that's why it is important she goes ASAP to good doc.
-@narcrepellant2525

did you miss the part where he said that she's been admitted to the hospital?

My wife was experiencing a constant cough about a month ago and got great relief with this stuff.

OZX0oIHA.jpg

I wonder if they tried that before they admitted her to the hospital?