Epass rejected

Hi there

since 4years I was studying in Singapore I finished my bachelor's degree in SG. December 06th 2022 I was applied Epass it's rejected the reason MOM give this candidate is not eligible for a work pass. Please look for another candidate can explain me what I have to proceed further

thank you

@sai kiran75 hello when you got reject

@sai kiran75 With that wording, MoM indicates that there are serious rejection reasons tied to you as a person.

To proceed further, you should look for jobs in other countries, as your chances in Singapore are small.

@sai kiran75 do you have any case with MOM / Police/ICA ?

@beppi this also happened to me

My timeline : HR applied 1st March, shown on portal on 3rd March, pending until this morning Invalid with description "Your application has not been approved. Please talk to your employer or agent."

Asked my HR and they said the same rejected reason, this candidate is not eligible for EP

My background

Exp : 6 years

Industry : IT

Salary : Pass SAT (even I decrease 20% of my current salary it still eligible for EP, trying this for research purpose only)

Nationality : Indonesian

Work in Singapore since 2020, currently still holding EP and will expire first quarter 2024 (applying EP to move to other company)

No record even for littering trash or never even warned that I do even the slightest wrongdoing by police or other respective agency

Did you find similar case ?

@mcb345

Trying again, my earlier reply doesn't seem to have come across.

Has the prospective employer confirmed that they have the right quotas for you to secure an EP? I ask because the message doesn't call out that there is an issue with your candidacy. Am I missing out on something? If you qualify for an EP, have been in Singapore and the employer has the quota/ other documents in order, shouldn't be a problem.

@Shekhz Yes they do, I dont think quota is an issue, I even asked the HOD to confirm, thats why I am really confuse

Will try an appeal, but wneed to submit to 3rd party vetting agency first according to HR (I submitted tons of document to them), not sure what are they doing actually or how is it gonna impact the application

@mcb345 There is nopoint for us speculating what your rejection reason might be (without knowing much about you and your case). Better ask the employer to contact MoM to find out more!

@mcb345 hi can you share your appeal result?

@beppi Hi beppi, so my appeal just rejected today, and the company said cannot pursue anymore and have to wait 6 months to apply fresh, is this officially stated that a rejected appeal should only re-apply after 6 months from the rejection date ? Is this pointing to the employer or even the individual cannot apply for another opportunity ?

@mcb345 After a rejected appeal, you lost your chance for that job. (I haven't heard about a 6-months rule, but even if it exists nobody would want to wait that long!)

But if the rejection reason was the job or the employer, you can of course try for another job elsewhere.

We saw this while applying for my director to gain EP. His first initial application was denied with a similar statement from MOM. After speaking to our corporate officer, they suggested we submit a letter indicating the importance of our Director gaining EP and his required presence in Singapore. Additionally, we had to increase his salary range. After these were submitted. He was approved for 1year. So it could be that your hiring company needs to explain the reason for your continued role in Singapore as well as offer a higher salary.

We had 2 appeals, with no time frame between each appeal. The first appeal was submitted with no supporting documents. The second appeal we submitted the supporting letter and the salary increase statement.

Hope this information helps.