Car documents

Hi

I am from Romania  and I want to buy a car from Serbia  and take it to my country but i don't know what documents i need to do or what is the procedure. Can someone explain it to me please.

Thank you very much

why u not buy from u r own country

Hello Amir,

Are you already in Romania?

Did you buy your car in Romania?

Don't hesitate to share the details with us1f609.svg

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi
I am from Romania and I want to buy a car from Serbia and take it to my country but i don't know what documents i need to do or what is the procedure. Can someone explain it to me please.
Thank you very much
-@vargaaurel29

Have a read of this post HERE as it will save me from posting.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

why u not buy from u r own country
-@Amir Khan80

Quite often Cars are cheaper in other countries so this could be a reason or it could be a vintage car, we don't know.

Hi
I am from Romania and I want to buy a car from Serbia and take it to my country but i don't know what documents i need to do or what is the procedure. Can someone explain it to me please.
Thank you very much
-@vargaaurel29

Basically, you would purchase the car in Serbia, you would have to insure it, obtain export plates (registration) and have the identity documents of the vehicle.  As Serbia is a non-EU country, you may be liable to pay TVA and customs duty upon import to Romania.  You then would have to obtain "red numbers" (a provisional registration) from the police in your area, then go do the RAR/ITP inspections, obtain Romanian insurance, register the vehicle and pay the applicable taxes at ANAF, then return to the police for permanent registration and plates.

It is indeed a complicated and time-consuming process.  Good luck.

Romaniac

Good morning Romania,

I am a U.S contractor working in Romania, I was thinking about buying a SUV from here.  I have few Questions I have or maybe someone can point me in the right direction.  Since I am here for 1 to 2 yrs here, I have an Letter of authorization ( LOA) saying I can work here and live here.  I've been in Romania for about 6 months now.  I was thinking on buying a BMW x5 used,  What paperwork do I need to have to buy an SUV? My company will not get us Resident permits, they told us that the LOA is our resident permit while we work and live here. One person told me to Buy the SUV and have it under a Romanian friend ( I would have to give him all the money for the SUV, taxes, and Insurance which I trust him).  Is this possible?  I don't want to break any laws here.   Any advice would be help full. 

Respectfully

Edwin Castillo Cutler

How to find job at hotels in Romania Chef jobs

@keeps5  Military contractor?  If so, you're covered under the SOFA.  Your Host Nation Liaison can get you set up with a CNP.  Then just register the car after getting insurance.

@GenJerDan

Thanks for the info. CNP? not quite sure what this is.  I looked it up but that's no help. But again thanks for the help.

V/R

Edwin Castillo-Cutler

@keeps5  The CNP is basically the Romanian equivalent of a Social Security/Identification number.  It's needed for a lot of things, including registering a car.

@GenJerDan

I figured it was some kind of Identification number, maybe that could work using my Passport number.  Ill give this a try, I wont be getting this SUV until I know our contract is on going here in Romania.  But I will definitely post what info I get and how it goes, so others may share the same information.  Again thanks for the help.

V/R

Edwin Castillo-Cutler