Health insurance in Vietnam

Hi everyone, does Vietnam still require tourists to have their health insurance during their stay? The insurance that covers up to certain amount of USD.

I heard that this was required around July 2022, but apparently no more now? (as of January 2023).

Thank you.

Jenny

Hi everyone, does Vietnam still require tourists to have their health insurance during their stay? The insurance that covers up to certain amount of USD.
I heard that this was required around July 2022, but apparently no more now? (as of January 2023).

Thank you.

Jenny
-@Jenny NT

Hello Jenny NT, and welcome to expat.com!

No, there is not a requirement for health insurance to enter VN.

Feel free to ask more questions, should the need arise.

Again, welcome aboard

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aidan (my fellow Cdn)

When did the requirement for health insurance change?

Is there any official government document(s) stating this fact Aiden?

Best Regards

Greg

@Aidan in HCMC
Hi Aidan (my fellow Cdn)

Best Regards
Greg
-@nscprez

Hi Greg! See this post from OceanBeach92107 (link), and here (link), from back in May 2022. I had bookmarked the official declaration dropping insurance coverage, but it has now been so long that I've deleted it (any other members still have the link?).

In any event, anecdotal reports from numerous members confirm that covid/medical insurance is no longer a requirement to enter VN.

Hope this helps

@Aidan in HCMC
Hi Aidan (my fellow Cdn)

Best Regards
Greg
-@nscprez

None of that (including what we've written about extensively) REALLY matters.

As we eventually council everyone, it's what YOUR AIRLINE says that matters.

Because even if we are totally correct (and we are) you still might be unlucky enough to choose an airline that hasn't updated the rules in their system.

Note: By the time I returned to Vietnam on July 4th, 2022 on a Vietnam Airlines flight from San Francisco to HCMC (SGN) neither the airline or immigration in Saigon mentioned anything about an insurance requirement.

Wonderful and thanks for the update.

Greg

@Aidan in HCMC
Hi Aidan (my fellow Cdn)

Best Regards
Greg
-@nscprez

None of that (including what we've written about extensively) REALLY matters.

As we eventually council everyone, it's what YOUR AIRLINE says that matters.

Because even if we are totally correct (and we are) you still might be unlucky enough to choose an airline that hasn't updated the rules in their system.

Note: By the time I returned to Vietnam on July 4th, 2022 on a Vietnam Airlines flight from San Francisco to HCMC (SGN) neither the airline or immigration in Saigon mentioned anything about an insurance requirement.
-@OceanBeach92107

In the last 4 months I have crossed out & back in to Vietnam at the Moc Bai border once & never been asked for proof of med insurance. Have exited & re entered Vietnam from Singapore, Qatar & Thailand 3 times in total now & never been asked for proof of med insurance.

For entry to Singapore I had to provide proof of vaccine with original certs translated to English. This was a requirement from Singapore Government online portal & was verified at the Vietjet desk before they would issue the ticket.