IPA holder with history of refusal

Hello, I hope someone can advise me with my situation.

Last November 09, due to expired visit visa, I did my exit to JB Malaysia. November 10, 2022 I tried doing my re-entry to Singapore with my return ticket to Philippines as supporting document. Unfortunately, I was refused to enter Singapore and was issued a refusal letter with the reason: ineligible to enter Singapore due to current immigration guidelines. I was told by the immigration officer that I did not see any valid purpose for my re- entry so they sent me back to JB Malaysia where I was given 30 days to stay. Last December 09, 2022, my work pass application (E-pass) has been approved and was issued the IPA. Can I enter Singapore again with just my IPA? or do I still need to seek for clearance with regards to my refusal history?

In most cases, you can enter with a valid IPA.

But if you want to be absolutely sure, contact ICA before you travel!

Thank you for your reply Beppi..

My employer called the ICA and was advised that I need to seek clearance through them. An appeal to entry was sent by my employer last December 09 together with the accomplished ICA forms but until now no outcome yet. It is already on its 5th week now since submission. I even tried calling ICA but only their customer service representative is taking the call thus they cannot check the status from their end.

I am thinking of entering Singapore this coming Friday ( Dec 13) with just my IPA but I am worried with what would be the worst thing can happen if ever I'll be refused again.

My employer called the ICA and was advised that I need to seek clearance through them
-@Rose Garcia51

There you already have the answer, from a more authorized source than anyone here.

Thus do not try to enter without prior clearance with ICA!

Thank you so much Beppi..

@rose garcia51 did Singapore immigration allowed to enter with a valid ipa

@Rose Garcia51 Please take serious note that the ICA has a very long memory history with regards to the movement of each visitor in and out of Singapore.

If you had previously been refused clearance and entry by the ICA, you must seek for clearance again if you want to enter Singapore.

in your case, since you have been issued an IPA, you will need to contact the ICA and provide all relevant information & documents including the IPA for their review and reference.

Also do note that it is at the ICA's discretion in making the final decision on your immigration clearance (even if you have an IPA).